News   Apr 22, 2024
 809     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 275     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 686     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically my point was that with buildings like 18 Yorkville being full so there's demand for more and bigger high end buildings. Yonge and Bloor is perfect for this - nearby Yonge may be a little seedy, but Bloor is all about the money.

There are 2 units for sale at 18 yorkville currently. One is asking $650 per square foot and has been on the market for 3 weeks and the other for 42 days at the same price per square foot.

I'd appreciate hearing arguments why Yonge & Bloor is a superior location to Yorkville Avenue and why a sketched make believe building is more desirable than a virtually brand one.

Is anybody else a little concerned about the podium fronting Yonge and also Bloor? It seems a little boxy and cavernous. Hopefully it'll be full with a nice big department store or something.

Is anybody else a little concerned about the podium fronting Yonge and also Bloor? It seems a little boxy and cavernous. Hopefully it'll be full with a nice big department store or something.

There's no demand for big department stores in Toronto other than Wal*Mart. They were shut out of College Park and I suspect they'd be shut out of this project as well when the times comes.

Those of us who have been in this business for decades can appreciate how slow the pace of change can be, notwithstanding the big expensive projects that are coming to the area. Changing the streetscape of Yonge and Bloor will take more than an investor-bloated condo project. It will take years (decades perhaps?) of continued positive net migration and economic prosperity for the area to undergo the massive shift required to bring it to the level of retailing seen just a couple blocks west.

600 millionaires moving onto one city block oughta do it.

DSCN1448.jpg

Oh no, I hope we're not getting rows and rows of bare concrete pillars at Yonge and Bloor...

It'll obviously look much more dynamic once retail branding is covering the entire corner.

And this on-going debate about Bazis being crooks is just bizarre. Reading over the comments so far, it seems to me that the only basis for these allegations are of an ignorant and racist nature.

...something potentially very exciting happening to update Yonge and Bloor!

I agree this corner of corners needs major work...it's just too bad the building won't be as spectacular as Aura. This corner deserves far better street level design - someone quick, call Zeidler and see if he's busy.

In my opinion investor, if the project goes forward as planned, I think it will do a lot to improve the area. Comparing some of the buildings that you have stated (I have not seen all of them) 1 BE can stand proudly amongst them. I think we all need to keep an open mind about the project and not punish Bazis because of their questionable sales tactics. Whether or not 1 BE will be a welcome addition to the skyline is up for debate and is highly subjective, but its a vast improvement over what is there right now, a Harveys, some ugly billboard and a large sign selling vein stripping. It is all relative isn't it? I am quite impressed by the developments they have had overseas, and I think it is much better in design than Crystal Blu. But that is only my opinion. I respect you think differently. All I would ask is that you keep an open mind that this could actually work...EGADS!

Presumably the owners of the property have given termination notices, and aren't sitting around waiting for the leases to expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back