News   Jul 16, 2024
 100     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 854     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 979     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...so it goes to follow that if 'ornate' was mainstream then ornate was conservative? I see your point, but you get my point.
From dictionary.com, one meaning of the word conservative is "disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change". Another is "avoiding novelty or showiness".

From dictionary.com, one meaning of the word conservative is "disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change". Another is "avoiding novelty or showiness".

...so it was a novel style with a conservative lack of 'show'. I think we got it down.

New sales centre busy being prepped and polished for opening in the Xerox building. I've also included a montage of closing signs from the soon to be gone Roy Square. I'm hoping they'll have a nice model in the window.

1794973687_51ab60a8a3_b.jpg

1794973669_f0b5d853dc_b.jpg

1794752153_51a7893b08_o.jpg

That last photo of the posters and notices is a nice touch. Note the poster with all the highlights. They really fear that people won't know that the new location has the same management.

these are all good signs that this project is really moving ahead... demolition could start as early as December! I guess that now opens the door to betting on 1 Bloor East being completed before Trump! Friggin Trump and his excuses!

from $300,000's to over $2,000,000.

what kind of range is that? it leaves the possibility that a unit can be worth 1 trillion.

wouldn't it make more sense to state the lowest price and the highest price to define the range? is this marketing or is it an attempt to keep the value of the most expensive unit anonymous for the buyer of it?

The one sign says closing January 31st 2008, so no demolition until February at the earliest. I forgot to take a picture of the Yonge Street side of Roy Square but their's an old part of the structure that I'd really like to see saved. As the plans and building design won't make this possible I'd love to see the city implement that if a developer is taking down a historical structure that the facade be stored somewhere until it can be reused again somewhere in the area.

As the plans and building design won't make this possible I'd love to see the city implement that if a developer is taking down a historical structure that the facade be stored somewhere until it can be reused again somewhere in the area.

Except for an unfortunate lacunae: whatever the actual merits, none of the Yonge frontage has ever been listed or designated...

That last photo of the posters and notices is a nice touch. Note the poster with all the highlights. They really fear that people won't know that the new location has the same management.
It actually has the same "Magement".

To bad, the red brick section has some amazing elements, though the rest of the block offers nothing architecturally speaking.

We don't actually know what lurks below the 60's facade of the building at N/E of Yonge & Hayden. I believe it was built as a bank and it would be of the same vintage as the other older buildings in that area.

They are moving quickly with development of this project. I see and hear the advertisements frequently. And as mentioned, the notices for demoliton are posted.

I have no doubt this project will be built fast as well. I read articles about the owner ambitious to make an impression in Toronto. It appears he has his 'stuff together' to develop this project to fruition soon. Nonetheless, it will give the other projects a run for their money as it becomes completed!

Is Harvey's still open? I've got to eat there before it closes (I've only eaten at Harvey's once before.) I used to work with the first manager of that Harvey's location--the guy would brag about it like managing a fast food joint meant anything--now he's just a lowly production supervisor in montreal!

I discovered that cheap falafel place on the Yonge St frontage just this summer--very cheap and tasty. (I'm not a big fan of Yonge St--too grungy, suburban and roach central for me.)

wouldn't it make more sense to state the lowest price and the highest price to define the range? is this marketing or is it an attempt to keep the value of the most expensive unit anonymous for the buyer of it?

The penthouse prices have not yet been established. In many projects they hit the market long after the initial opening. For example the Four Season has not yet put the penthouse on the market, nor established what the selling price will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back