News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 952     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about a office tower? something incredible, amazing?
1 bloor was an amazing project...but there are other projects that will come close to that for sure!
im thinking something like John Hancock Center at the 1bloor location?
what do you people think?

Personally, I think we need more residential in this area. More to the point, with all of the office space coming on tap in the next couple of years office vacancies are going to be high for Toronto. Figures were recently posted under either the Bay Adelaide or Telus threads. We're not likely to see another office tower of significance after 18 York & 5/7 Esplanade are completed for some time. I'd be surprised to see York Centre start up at the Ice project within five years.

how about a office tower? something incredible, amazing?
1 bloor was an amazing project...but there are other projects that will come close to that for sure!
im thinking something like John Hancock Center at the 1bloor location?
what do you people think?

I'm starting to think 1Bloor is more suited for an office tower now as well. Something like John Hancock Center but a different colour would definately fit right into that corner.

I had the strangest dream last night:

The city took over the land and built the mother-of-all wavedecks. Christopher Hume squealed like a schoolgirl. I'm not joking.

Not sure if this discussion has moved somewhere else, but... here is the latest from the Globe and Mail on 1 Bloor:

"1 Bloor East buyers to regain deposits

Money held in trust by developer, which was forced to sell condo project

The long-suffering condo buyers of 1 Bloor East are getting their money back.

Buyers were sent release forms last week to have their deposits returned. The money has been held in trust for months by lawyers for Bazis International, the developer which was recently forced to sell the 1 Bloor East property.

They are expected to see their money returned by Sept. 11."

Read the full article 'here'.

Until they can get it figured out I think they should install a giant drop zone type ride on the site somehow. Just make it convertible style so we can keep people warm in the winter. Would offer a helluva a view of the city and if Dundas square is any indication of how long it takes to get things done, it will pay for itself over the next 10 years.. at which point we just relocate it to the site of another stalled project.

Goodbye condos, hello Bloor-Yonge Square?

Ah, 1 Bloor E., we hardly knew ye. It seems like just yesterday we were freaking out over your ambitious 80-storey ascent and the possibility that your 600-plus units worth of residents would have Bloor station bursting at the seams. And then we were lining up for days on end in order to get on the ground (or any) floor of this final housing-bubble foray. Remember that — how real estaters were paying folks to camp out in mid-November in order to secure an opportunity to make down payments on units worth $500,000 to $8 million?

Well now that 1 Bloor is officially just a big vacant lot, and one which happens to be up for sale, the Toronto Public Space Committee is supporting an idea that the southeast corner of Yonge and Bloor be turned into a place where people don’t need to have ludicrous reasons to hang out for hours on end: a public park.

While it’s a pretty big public space dream, even by TPSC standards, Bloor-Yonge Square would be a welcome addition to the neighbourhood. There have already been a couple of preliminary designs for the space, and, according to the Star, the TPSC will be holding a full-on design competition in the future. For now there is a Facebook group and an online petition to rally support.

A public square at Yonge and Bloor may be the polar opposite of massive intensification, but if done right, it could also be a far more iconic attraction than the city’s tallest skyscraper.

http://www.eyeweekly.com/blog/torontonotes/article/71107

BloorYongeSquare.jpg

^^I'm with you on that one, a full square on the lot is nothing more then a stall tactic. Keeps people interested until they figure out what kind of tower they really want built.

"what could go here".

Who is going to be the first person to take over this site on Monopoly City Streets (don't know the game, launching today?? Click 'here'.)

I am curious to see if it will become a park or a condo on the game, and how people will try taking it over!

Really looking forward to the launch of this game at 1pm today, and I think the most interesting site will be 1 Bloor!

R.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back