News   Apr 24, 2024
 209     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 518     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 3.1K     7 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an interesting article. The fact that Bazis is mothballing construction in their own country does not fill me with confidence for their foreign projects.

hey that's free promotion of UT ... sounds good to me ~

I think someone already posted that article somewhere, and we were miffed that they referred to UT as a "real estate blog". I think someone needs to inform Toronto Life what a forum is, since it's completely different from a blog.

I think someone already posted that article somewhere, and we were miffed that they referred to UT as a "real estate blog". I think someone needs to inform Toronto Life what a forum is, since it's completely different from a blog.

It's Toronto Life. Why would they care?

Every time I see there is a new post in this thread, I hope it's some kind of new exciting information, but it's 99% of the time a disappointment haha. Does this happen to anyone else, or just me?

Every time I see there is a new post in this thread, I hope it's some kind of new exciting information, but it's 99% of the time a disappointment haha. Does this happen to anyone else, or just me?

Nope not just you. It seems like there have been three different "drop dead" dates that passed too. As soon as one hits, someone finds some justification for a later one.

Look guys, nothing will happen with 1BE until the new sidewalks on Bloor are finished. Only then can the new stone be caked in mud, cracked and ripped up when construction finally gets under way.

It's a tradition.

Look guys, nothing will happen with 1BE until the new sidewalks on Bloor are finished. Only then can the new stone be caked in mud, cracked and ripped up when construction finally gets under way.

It's a tradition.

LOL Hydrogen ... perhaps 1BE will break this 'tradition' and not crack or rip up the new sidewalk stones (should the plug be pulled) :p

It's a tradition.

And let's not forget the freshly paved asphalt along the stretch of Bloor from Yonge to Church ... :p

Hopeful news

According to Baker Real Estate, Bazis has found new financing through a European pension fund and the project will start this fall. It will include a luxury Sofitel hotel.

According to Baker as of May 28th 2009, there are still suites available and they are still selling.

Mau

What say you, troops? Does the newb's info seem reliable? If this is true, I really wish Bazis would make a statement about it. Would it be so hard to put out a release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back