News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Global News

Just heard the "promo" on Global News "they lined up around the block when it went on sale NOW why Number One Bloor is on hold" News at 6:00"

Bazis should have partnered with a reputable group to get this one done (Cadillac Fairview, Menkes, etc). That credibility might have gone a long way to getting new financing. And if this one got off the ground nicely that would have parlayed into more credibility for their other projects.

Hopefully they build a nice park there until the next building boom

Nothing we already don't know. There was no confirmation that it was on hold.

The only news, as of June 15th, Bazis has 30 days to cancel the project.

why am I not suprised on the latest news on Bazis' 1BE project ??

so now we have a date to look forward to, June 15th, to determine if 1BE is official certified ~

I hope it gets canceled outright even if it means an empty lot/parking lot for 5+ years. We need a better tower at this important intersection. I've never been sold on the design. Too gimicky for my taste.

Beware that 5+ years can easily turn to 25+ years and the end result could be much, much worse than this ode to Gilette. Maybe it's just me havin' takin' an interest in development just before the dark ages of the last decade past.

Last edited:
Beware that 5+ years can easily turn to 25+ years and the end result could be much, much worse than this ode to Gilette. Maybe it's just me havin' takin' an interest in development just before the dark ages of the last decade past.
25+ years at this corner? Doubt it. Sure, the results may be worse. But they may just as well be better. I prefer to be an optimist.

I hope it gets canceled outright even if it means an empty lot/parking lot for 5+ years. We need a better tower at this important intersection. I've never been sold on the design. Too gimicky for my taste.

Fair enough that you don't fancy the design, many don't, but the apartments sure are sweet.
So you hope for an empty lot/parking lot here? This intersection has gone from a vibrant and exciting place to live and be entertained for 18 hours a day to a drab and boring place to be in just the past 7 or 8 years.
Oh, and remember the north-east corner of Yonge & Dundas and a decade of blue hoarding and L'Oréal ads? Hopefully there won't be a repeat of that debacle at a key downtown intersection.

Lets hope in the next boom. A supertall office tower, say a 1200-1500 footer.

... with 6 or 8 cinemas to replace the Cumberland and Carlton cinemas. They're days are numbered so it would be a great location to bury some cinemas in the back and offer a decent complex to see foreign & independent film. Not that I really dislike the Cumberland or Carlton, but a big city like this should have a more upscale and modern art house complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back