News   Jun 20, 2024
 414     1 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 1.5K     6 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 608     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says that stretch of Roy Square isn't ultimately being kept as a pedestrian allowance? Sort of the way prior street patterns (Albert et al) are maintained as ghostly perpendicular through passages in the Eaton Centre...

Who says? Site plan says. The pathway to the subway station will be gone soon, once shoring and excavation are underway, and the last trace of Roy's Square will be gone.

Quanttrader, perhaps it's you who should "do homework". Your earlier post appears to demostrate that you don't know much about Bazis.

What do you base this statement on? Do you even know anything of their record? The only previous project Bazis has done in Toronto is Crystal Blu. It was sold in a normal way and is now under construction. 1 Bloor East also appears, so far at least, to be proceeding through the development process in the normal manner. If you have information to the contrary, perhaps you could present it. When you say "par for the course", precisely what "course" are you referring to?

I continue to be baffled by the gratuitous shots being taken at Bazis. I would prefer to give them credit for coming forward with a truly landmark mixed-use development, not to mention a major improvement to the shabby appearance of one of our most important intersections. Criticize the architecture if you like. (I myself think it's OK, although it went downhill a bit from the original proposal.) But I have not seen a scrap of evidence yet that the project won't be proceeding, or that it would be anything other than a positive addition to the city.

You're a sycophant Walt. Sharpen your mind a little. This project is poison for Toronto. They will leave us with either a parking lot or a giant hole like in Calgary. I think that project was 100% 'PRE-SOLD' if I'm not mistaken.

The laneway is there now as an emergency access route for the subway. I'm assuming that's there right now because of the construction on Bloor Street, which is fenced off on both sides, so fire and emergency services can't access the station easily. Once construction starts in its earnest at 1BE the Bloor St. construction should be complete.

Who says that stretch of Roy Square isn't ultimately being kept as a pedestrian allowance?

The city sold it or is in the process of being sold (there's a report on it in one of the recent community agendas)

No Shoring Permit yet~

As of checking City website @ 3:25 pm today (October 19):

1 BLOOR ST E

08 201447 DRN 00.....Drain and Site Service......Sep 12, 2008.....Not Started
08 201447 BLD 00......New Building...................Sep 9, 2008......Under Review
08 201447 SHO 00.....Partial Permit (Shoring) ..................Sep 9, 2008......Under Review
08 201447 FND 00......Partial Permit.................Sep 9, 2008......Not Started

thus its not possible for Bazis to have legally started shoring / excavation yet

I can guarantee you nothing has started yet ... the site has virtually been unchanged for 2 / 3 weeks now. With the big driller thing taking samples from many different locations ... that's all though.

I was chatting with a real estate guy I know who says that this building is a no-go. It would appear that the rumours of its demise are still quite alive.

Hooray! Maybe we can revive the old Toronto tradition of speculatively demolishing entire blocks of vibrant commerical properties.

frontscott1890.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back