News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 718     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy was seen heading down to 1BE
51.jpg

Canada has decided to follow China's lead and send a rocketship to the moon! I suggest we send Stephen Harper to be the first Canucklehead to walk on the moon!

For the newbie who keeps spreading rumours (aka 'Peace and Kindness'), can you please stop wasting my time and posting on threads saying they are cancelled... at the very least for 1 Bloor.

Advertising the end of demolition from condo life mag, October 2008:

Attachments

• 1bloor_advertising.jpg
    1bloor_advertising.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 265
thanks for the updated skyscape rendering

wrt to 1BE status, although I am not going to fuel the 'project cancelled' rumour, I wouldn't say this one is 'in the pocket' yet, as the whole project financing remains a question, we will hopefully soon find out

on another note, please note that Bazis has been marketing 'demolition started' + 'demolition almost completed' all along in their advertisements but have not suggested anything about 'construction' ... and checking again today on the City's Building Permit online system (http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2326089), the Shoring Permit for 1BE is still not issued

Has anyone seen any heavy shoring rigs at the site yet? - (as opposed to "the little engine that could", that sitting at the site now...)

Has Priestly Demolition moved off the site yet?....

As of this morning, there was just that one little piece of shoring equipment sitting there. It arrived yesterday. Priestly has moved some of it's larger pieces off the site but still has 3 or 4 smaller pieces still there. They are filling in the holes with grey shale like rock brought in throughout the day by dumptrucks. They are currently concentrating on the northeast corner of the site next to the Xerox building.

No questions, just rumours and speculation. ( which banks needed to be propped up? - obviously not Canadian banks, which projects had their financing pulled? - no names, just generalities)

Caltrane, a number of Toronto projects had financing set up from international players. There are some problems for a number of Toronto projects, but no one is going to start naming anything specific on a public forum or to the media as a loss in financing doesn't necessarily translate to cancellation, yet it could be wrongly interpreted as such - therefore a good reason not to publish names.

I would also wager that those that did in fact lose their financing are not going to cancel their projects just like that. The developers would have already invested hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars in getting the projects going (legislation, design, marketing, etc.) At the time they would be trying to secure financing from other sources (which won't be an easy feat) before anything.

I would also wager that those that did in fact lose their financing are not going to cancel their projects just like that. The developers would have already invested hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars in getting the projects going (legislation, design, marketing, etc.) At the time they would be trying to secure financing from other sources (which won't be an easy feat) before anything.

Exactly - for the most part the internal issues currently being experienced are set-backs that should 'hopefully' resolve themselves.

But it has been already confirmed financing is fine for this project. The good thing is a majority of the larger projects have already been in sales well before the negativity in the U.S. market started to get so much attention so hopefully cancellations are at a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back