News   Apr 26, 2024
 71     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 404     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

So, let’s say there’s someone standing in your way, and you let on to party heads and the press that they’re putting their 5 kids through private school on the party dime. Exactly how would you give them a nasty little dig veiled in a polite goodbye?

"I wish Andrew Scheer all the best as he undertakes this new chapter in his life, and thank him for his service as the head of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition and leader of the Conservative Party. I also want to take this opportunity to give my best wishes to Mr. Scheer's wife Jill and their five children.”

Doug is more popular outside of this province than in it, so maybe a national play isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
I wonder if Gerard Kennedy might still be interested...? (Or is 3 strikes enough to end any hope of a political career?)

I wish Bryant would get back in there. I'd vote Liberal if he were leader.

...just playing.....they'd still be Liberals even with a reformed alco-crackhead who is doing brilliant work with the Canadian Civil Liberties Association <3

I wouldn't vote Liberal but he'd be a great leader.

Although, who knows....if he took his CCLA mindset into it.....might come up with policy I could fully support.

Ridiculous to have this give any false hope, given the sad state of the OLP at present and the current crop of leadership candidates.

What's more telling is that in spite of the barage of negative press coverage for well over a year now, the PCPOs are only polling 4 points behind first place and are still positioned well ahead of the Official Opposition.

A wise person once said that somewhere around 25% of people in Ontario will vote PC no matter what. The margin of error for this particular poll was 3.4%, so one could deduce that the indicated support is just the PC base being loyal as usual, with some soft support as well. I am not surprised by the NDP being in third, since they are proving to be awful as official opposition. If Doug took a hike and the party made some policy changes (ditching his populism garbage) ,I would be just fine with a PC government. The Liberals deserved to lose and need this time out to figure out what they did wrong.

Sales of electric vehicles plummet in Ontario now that province has cancelled rebate

Doug Ford government has gotten in the way of progress towards national target, experts say

Allison Jones · The Canadian Press · Posted: Dec 15, 2019 2:17 PM ET

Sales of electric vehicles in Ontario have plummeted since the Progressive Conservative government cancelled a rebate last year, hampering progress toward a national target.

In the first six months of this year, sales in Ontario were down more than 55 per cent from the same period in 2018, according to data from Electric Mobility Canada. In the second quarter of this year 2,933 electric vehicles were sold in the province, down from 7,110 in the same period last year.

Ontario is the only province not seeing increases in sales, year over year.

Quebec and British Columbia, which have their own provincial rebates, have long been leading in total sales. Ontario's figures had been increasing on par with theirs until the province's financial incentive disappeared.

Back