News   Apr 16, 2024
 46     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 651     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 468     3 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

anyone know what poll this chart is from? it adds up to more than 100% though.

mayoral-chart.jpg

http://www.brockpress.com/2014/09/new-poll-gives-john-tory-commanding-lead-in-toronto-mayoral-race/

Attachments

• mayoral-chart.jpg
    mayoral-chart.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 604
so your voting for Ford essentially?

Exactly. For all non-Rob Ford voters thinking about voting for Chow or Goldkind or a fire hydrant you need to get it into your fucking heads that this is not a normal election. The City Of Toronto is constipated badly and we need the most effective medicine now to dislodge the shit. Once the bowels are clear and the anus is healed then we can move forward. If Tory sucks, then we vote him out next time. Now is not the time for semantics or complacency. Smartrack could be Smrtrack I don't care if it involves chariots and ziplines. Ford must go, this is the only thing that matters.

David Soknacki leaving the Toronto Mayor campaign - a good move?

Everyone: I learned about David Soknacki dropping out of the Toronto Mayor campaign this morning and I actually think that
this is a good move because this may insure that RF can not get the vote percentage to remain Mayor and depending on how
Olivia Chow's numbers move - if they decline by the first days of October she should drop out of the race and if they hold steady
or increase she should stay in for the duration...Ending the RF fiasco should be priority #1 for the majority of Toronto's citizens...

It is too bad that Soknacki could not get more support from centrists but with the low poll results it was time to leave to run for
a Toronto City Council seat and as been previously mentioned he could become the TTC's Chairman (From WK Lis)...
He may be better off there...

LI MIKE

Last edited:
If I were Chow, I'd bow out, with an agreement in writing from Tory that he supports some of her progressive initiatives. It would be a graceful exit and would avoid her mayoral election legacy being that of the candidate who burned out in flames, and rather, as the kingmaker to oust Ford.

This signed agreement could include commitments from Tory to:

- Support his original - and widely agreed upon - DRL alignment, while still going ahead with SmartTrack
- Invest in school breakfast programs
- Increase bus services in under-serviced communities

If anything, Soknacki just guaranteed Tory the election if everything remains equal from here on until election night.
In what way? Ford support clearly maxes out at no more than 30%. The two remaining serious candidates at worst split 70%.

In what way? Ford support clearly maxes out at no more than 30%. The two remaining serious candidates at worst split 70%.

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/133/tory-opens-12-point-lead-in-toronto/

Look at the numbers. If all things remain equal until election day, Chow has absolutely no chance at all.

The only direction Chow's numbers are going is down as her progressive base realize that ousting Ford is more important. Only her hardcore supporters who think misleadingly that Tory is "Ford without the nonsense who can actually implement conservative policies" will continue to vote for Chow.

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/133/tory-opens-12-point-lead-in-toronto/

Look at the numbers. If all things remain equal until election day, Chow has absolutely no chance at all.

The only direction Chow's numbers are going is down as her progressive base realize that ousting Ford is more important. Only her hardcore supporters who think misleadingly that Tory is "Ford without the nonsense who can actually implement conservative policies" will continue to vote for Chow.

I don't like this poll the respondents are way to skewed to the over 55 crowd...they represent less than 18% of the general population however in this poll represent 62% of responders wheras 18-34's represent 30.5% of the general population and only 7.6% of responders....

I don't think you can say that Chow is out or has no chance - given it is still early. She does definitely need to turn around her momentum though. Further, I also support the anybody but Ford concept. I personally would usually rather shoot myself in the groin than vote NDP, but if it came down to Chow or Ford - I would vote Chow.

If I were Chow, I'd bow out, with an agreement in writing from Tory that he supports some of her progressive initiatives. It would be a graceful exit and would avoid her mayoral election legacy being that of the candidate who burned out in flames, and rather, as the kingmaker to oust Ford.
This signed agreement could include commitments from Tory to:
- Support his original - and widely agreed upon - DRL alignment, while still going ahead with SmartTrack
- Invest in school breakfast programs
- Increase bus services in under-serviced communities
I don't think Chow should bow-out, but in your hypothetical situation, I'd add Eglinton Connects to your list.

Latest Forum poll: http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/133/tory-opens-12-point-lead-in-toronto/

In the three way race it's Tory 41%, Ford 30%, Chow 24%.

Chow really blew it spectacularly. She's the only left wing candidate in the race and yet she is at 3rd place behind Ford.

Only her hardcore supporters who think misleadingly that Tory is "Ford without the nonsense who can actually implement conservative policies" will continue to vote for Chow.

How is that misleading? Please explain how this platform is not conservative:
- Wants low taxes
- Proposes fantasy transit financing schemes
- Pandering to motorists
- "I will not support any solution that extends people’s commute times" (i.e for drivers)
- Against Eglinton connects
- Against open streets
- Pro-subway in Scarborough, anti-subway where it's actually needed
- Pro business
- No bike plan
- Supports privatization of city services
- Blablabla "efficiencies"

Last edited:
Am personally sorry Soknaki is out but he is too honest and competent to really do the hustings properly, audiences don't want articulate answers they want blurbs. As for Chow why is she even running? Her main profile is that of the widow of a successful politician, she is a bit of a nut herself. Remember them living in a co-op then making a spectacle of putting solar panels on their roof? It was so odd. She has never done anything of her own accord, she is a follower.

Back