News   Mar 28, 2024
 482     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 392     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 741     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Or maybe open a store along Yonge... I really wish more stores opened along Yonge in that area to replace the really random sketchy stores.

Or maybe open a store along Yonge... I really wish more stores opened along Yonge in that area to replace the really random sketchy stores.

What?? I appreciate the convenience of being able to purchase a slow-cooker and butt-plug in one location...

Any chance this will go in the lobby area at Yonge/Dundas?

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5B 2L7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 131070 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 20, 2014

Project: Restaurant 30 Seats or Less Interior Alterations

Description: Construct interior alterations for TIM HORTON'S (take out only)
they are opening a tim hortons in the urban eatery. I belive "rare" was the food outlet there before, its on the north end of the eatery, next to subway sandwiches and a&w, north end of the food court furthest away from mcdonalds.

^ Shame. Replacing something interesting with a fast food outlet which can be found anywhere. The one good thing about the Urban Eatery when it opened was that Cadillac had clearly worked hard on the leasing to attract not only food court mainstays but also interesting and less common tenants (as compared to the Bay Adelaide Centre food court which opened around the same time and where the leasing goal appeared to have been to make the tenant mix as boring and forgetful as possible). As an adult, I felt like there was a good selection of healthy and interesting food choices. Obviously, if Rare wasn't performing or went belly-up, it had to go, but I hope Cadillac isn't dumbing the place down.

JACOB announced it's closing all 98 stores nationwide. Wondering what will go in the current JACOB space, it's a great corner space they have. Could be a good spot for Microsoft.

Sony has closed most of their US locations, so I'd imagine there won't be one reopening in the Eaton Centre either. Once they're gone, they're gone!

They closed their Erin Mills store, and then their Square One store as well. Yeah I don't think they're coming back.

Did the Sony store sell Playstation 4 consoles/games?
Will the Microsoft store sell XBox consoles/games? Cuz, that's the only thing that I would buy from it...

^ Shame. Replacing something interesting with a fast food outlet which can be found anywhere. The one good thing about the Urban Eatery when it opened was that Cadillac had clearly worked hard on the leasing to attract not only food court mainstays but also interesting and less common tenants (as compared to the Bay Adelaide Centre food court which opened around the same time and where the leasing goal appeared to have been to make the tenant mix as boring and forgetful as possible). As an adult, I felt like there was a good selection of healthy and interesting food choices. Obviously, if Rare wasn't performing or went belly-up, it had to go, but I hope Cadillac isn't dumbing the place down.

Yeah, it's too bad. I quite liked the quality of the soups at Rare, and their prices weren't as extortionate compared to the new Richtree Market. I went the other week to get some for lunch, only to find it closed. I guess I (and others) didn't go there enough to keep them afloat! :p

I heard from a former Sony Store employee that the EC location in the lower level will likely be shut down permanently. If Microsoft is moving into that space, that makes it even more likely.

Juicy Couture is also promoting a store-wide sale - the tiny print on their signs say "Store Closing". Not sure if they are moving elsewhere in the mall or closing for good.

Back