Twenty Condos (Streetcar Development/Dundee Realty) - Real Estate -

Developer said "There are no more tiles on the floor, even in kitchen" All floor is wood.
Sounds unpractical

Developer said "There are no more tiles on the floor, even in kitchen" All floor is wood.
Sounds unpractical

Hardwood and laminate is often laid through out the main living spaces, including the kitchen in most condo developments.
It looks better when the floors are continuous. It's also not so much of a maintenance issue, you just have to wipe spills and water right away before it gets into the seams. I'm not really sold on laminate floors in the kitchen though as they are not as forgiving as wood.

Did this developer also mean no more tiles even in the bathroom?
That's unheard of and asking for trouble. Tarion probably won't approve of this.

Hardwood and laminate is often laid through out the main living spaces, including the kitchen in most condo developments.
It looks better when the floors are continuous. It's also not so much of a maintenance issue, you just have to wipe spills and water right away before it gets into the seams. I'm not really sold on laminate floors in the kitchen though as they are not as forgiving as wood.

Did this developer also mean no more tiles even in the bathroom?
That's unheard of and asking for trouble. Tarion probably won't approve of this.

Tiles still still on bathroom :)
Developer said, that all-one-wood floor is the last trend, because also it is not required to make the seam and the different kitchen zone.

Is any development proposal for the side across the street at 22 Northcote Ave?

It looks like FreshCo will meet the heavy competitor Metro in this corner and side would require to be developed. Would it be and extension to Gladstone Hotel?

No Mirrored closed

According to the TWENTY designer, the "luxury" condo will not have the mirrored doors for closets, even one near the entrance. That is so cheap attitude.

According to the TWENTY designer, the "luxury" condo will not have the mirrored doors for closets, even one near the entrance. That is so cheap attitude.

Most mirrored sliding doors look cheap, unless they are the European ones that are frameless or have a thin low profile anodized aluminum frame.
I actually prefer the solid slab sliding doors which you could paint to blend in with the rest of the walls -- it looks more modern.

Exactly what kind of doors are they offering here?
I hope it is not the cheap hollow core or pressed masonite doors. I was shocked to see Tribute Homes using 1/4" pressed masonite sliding doors on their Canterbury Townhouse development in Lawrence Park -- these townhouses are priced around $1million each.

I am starting to live in this condo and would say, Streetcar is the worst developer ever!!! It seems the developer doesn't has any sense that the quality and comfortable living is.

1. No concierge - the building is absolutely NOT secured. Even someone looking in cameras, it would protect the building from nothing!!!
2. No superintendent. Absolutely no care for building. Dusty at every corner.
3. No amenities at all. There is only small gym room with access from the street!!!!!!
4. Extremely high maintenance. Consider no any service at all we pay $300 for 540 sf. It is even higher then building with 3-level amenities.
5. Absolutely no noise protection! unit enter door are made from paper with cheapest locker i have ever seen in my life. Absolutely no noise or secure protection.
6. Windows doesn't hold a temperature in the unit. Leaking if raining.
7. Bath is a very poor quality. then you get in it is changing the form.
8. Heater doesn't work properly
9. Management are not responding any messages or request
10. Parking for residents starts from level P3 only. And it is extremity poor organized.
11. The most cheap and ugly buzz control system
12. Cheap carpets in corridor even there are no tails near the elevator
13. Kitchen carbines looks nice but a very poor quality. Scratches and damages after one day of use. also they are static collecting all dust around
15. Flooring is poor quality, static collecting dust
16. Cheap an non-functional lobby. Mail room is too small and you have to pick up parcels in another building!!!
17. Building planning is a very strange and absolutely uncomfortable
18. METRO in building for residence means noise, garbage, extra building damages and car traffic at loading zone

Streetcar is the cheap developer, never buy condos from them!!!!!!

Last edited:
Streetcar's quality issues are well known. Your saving grace is the units tend to be priced a bit less than standard prices so there's that.

Some of your issues are common condo issues. Condos now are built like shit. Hope things work out for you.

A lot of your grievances could have been easily researched though. A lot of this stuff is common for brand new condos and you should have known Metro would be there. I'd say the benefits of a grocery store at your door far outweigh the negatives.

Streetcar's quality issues are well known. Your saving grace is the units tend to be priced a bit less than standard prices so there's that.

Some of your issues are common condo issues. Condos now are built like shit. Hope things work out for you.

A lot of your grievances could have been easily researched though. A lot of this stuff is common for brand new condos and you should have known Metro would be there. I'd say the benefits of a grocery store at your door far outweigh the negatives.

Agree with TheKingEast. Things like amenities, maintenance fees, the Metro were all well known. I live in the Carnaby, and I'm absolutely loving it right now.

The standard finishes are on the low end, but I had a lot of upgrades thrown in, as I purchased one of the last remaining units. So I'm pretty happy with mine. Just be sure to report all defects on your 30 day forum. Customer Service was always quick to try and resolve the majority of my issues.

As far as management is considered, Arby (Our PM) has been really responsive to emails and phone calls. You're living in a construction zone right now, so things will get dusty, and may be a bit chaotic for the first few months.

Good luck with everything!

Back