319     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 889     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 628     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would LAUGH MY ASS off if he got arrested on the day of a televised debate and subsequently missed the debate...

Me too.

But I expect the powers that be will do all they can do defuse any potential "they're just out to get me/they're on John Tory's side" blah blah blah defense.

My life would be complete if he got arrested DURING the debate!
I would settle for someone from the TPS/OPP investigation team to ask Ford a question during the audience participation segment of the debate. Maybe Giroux, while wearing a fake moustache over his real moustache, could drill him with a "where were you on the night of..."-type of question :p

Last edited:
I would settle for someone from the TPS/OPP investigation team to ask Ford a question during the audience participation segment of the debate. Maybe Giroux, while wearing a fake moustache over his real moustache, could drill him with a "where were you on the night of..."-type of question :p

Heck, if Giroux showed up (just as himself, no disguise) and asked even a policy question -- not as a cop but just as a citizen, but making sure to identify himself -- I bet Rob would shart himself. :p

Heck, if Giroux showed up (just as himself, no disguise) and asked even a policy question -- not as a cop but just as a citizen, but making sure to identify himself -- I bet Rob would shart himself. :p

He'd probably have to identify himself - I get the feeling that Ford has no idea what Giroux looks like and could probably only identify two police officers at any given time - Ron Taverner and Bill Blair

What I've learned since Ford is that you can pretty much do what you what in TO campaigns as no one will be held accountable, ever.

Yes, that's exactly the message that's been sent out loud and clear. It's OK to cheat, lie and break every rule because in Toronto, nobody (with any power or influence) is ever held accountable for their actions.

He'd probably have to identify himself - I get the feeling that Ford has no idea what Giroux looks like and could probably only identify two police officers at any given time - Ron Taverner and Bill Blair

I wonder, when was the last time Chief Blair personally arrested someone?

I am thinking of J. Edgar Hoover's flight to New Orleans to participate in the arrest of Alvin Karpis ( a Canadian, yeah! ).

It would make a heck of a photo!
View attachment 24091

Last edited:
2lazbxl.gif

How often do "folks" change their plates? I've replaced cars, but not my plates in the last 40 years.
Any time I've bought a new car, the dealer has always had new plates put on, even when I've traded in. I've never thought about it before ...

But I tend to believe bumpers are for bumping into things ... it's rare the front plate doesn't have a dent or scratch in it by then.

Election rules are for losers...

ddale8 12:17pm via Twitter for iPhone
"Anything else?" - Rob Ford when I asked why his taxpayer-paid chief of staff is here at a campaign event.

ddale8 12:18pm via Twitter for iPhone
Chief of staff says he's not working on the campaign - "I'm here as part of the mayor's staff."

Is Dale the only one asking these types of questions? He always tweets out when someone, be it Ford, Stintz or anyone else, is doing something wrong or has made a mistake of some kind.

Ontario’s license plates are made by its prisoners

By Jil McIntosh
Metro Canada

With more than 1.6 million new vehicles sold every year, Canadians need a lot of license plates to go on them. It’s a full-time job making them, but you wouldn’t want to apply for it in Ontario: they’re made by prison inmates.

“Ontario license plates are manufactured at the Lindsay Correctional Facility,†says Ciaran Ganley, spokesman for the Ministry of Government Services. “Most vehicle license plates appear in pairs, but other motor vehicles have a single license plate, including motorcycle, off-road, moped and trailer.â€

Making a plate is a five-step process, starting with the production of blanks, which are plates that don’t yet have their numbers. A laminate sheet is made that includes “Ontario†at the top and a slogan at the bottom, usually “Yours to Discover.â€

The laminate is glued onto a coil of aluminum, and a press stamps out individual plates and cuts mounting holes into them. Some 800 are made each hour.

The blanks go to an embossing press, where workers set in the dies to stamp the letters and numbers. Regular plates go quickly, since only one or two numbers must be changed in sequence. Personalized plates slow everything down, since the die has to be completely reset. If a pair of plates is needed, the machine stamps two blanks at once.

To colour the letters and numbers, the plate is fed into a machine that uses heat to apply a foil coating to the raised portion.

Finally, the plates are put in plastic bags and visually inspected for quality. Any defective plates are destroyed, while the rest are boxed for distribution.

Ontario plates are colour-coded.

Car, motorcycle and trailer plates use blue letters on a white background. Commercial vehicle, bus and farm plates use black on white; diplomat plates are white on red; dealer plates are red on white; and green plates are for electric vehicles.

“For personalized plates, any combination of letters or numbers may be ordered, provided the combination is available and meets the established criteria,†Ganley says. Off-limits are plates deemed obscene, derogatory, abusive, sexual, religious (except for religious titles), violent, discriminatory, or that describe drugs, alcohol, or criminal activity.

Things to note

• Until 1973, Ontario motorists got new license plates annually, stamped with the year. Renewal stickers were introduced for 1974.

• Most series plates (non-personalized) do not use G, I, O, Q or U, which could cause readability issues for law enforcement purposes.

• Ontario plates can be ordered with the French version of the province’s “Yours to Discover†slogan, “Tat à découvir.â€

Is Dale the only one asking these types of questions? He always tweets out when someone, be it Ford, Stintz or anyone else, is doing something wrong or has made a mistake of some kind.

Yet no one has raised any issues with the fact that our Mayor is driving around in a brand new Caddy that is owned by a private company and was given to him as a birthday present. I know it's his family's business, but that still doesn't sit well with me. What if it was his cousin's company? or his cousin's friend's company? or his cousin's friend's neighbour's company?

At what point is it not OK for a politician to accept a Cadillac as a birthday present from a for-profit business?

I wonder, when was the last time Chief Blair personally arrested someone?

I am thinking of J. Edgar Hoover's flight to New Orleans to participate in the arrest of Alvin Karpis ( a Canadian, yeah! ).

It would make a heck of a photo!
View attachment 24091
Will oor Mayer wear a boater hat?

It will happen more like this.

Jim+Bakker+crying+in+handcuffs.JPG

Attachments

• Jim+Bakker+crying+in+handcuffs.JPG
    Jim+Bakker+crying+in+handcuffs.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 441
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back