News   May 15, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thousand dollar idea here...

Ban him from the council chamber for violence and bullying. His behavior in there definitely warrants repercussion and I am pretty sure in any other circumstance, another person would receive a lengthy ban. If not a lifetime, a year.

In that time His Warship morphs into his defeated self as he misses the required amount of mandatory meetings and is removed from office.

There has to be some fallback from constantly threatening councilors as well as members of the public by using an unofficial city of Toronto security guard to intimidate the audience while misrepresenting himself in an official lanyard.

Oh ya, and he barreled through an old woman. And showed zero remorse.

BAN HIM FROM THE CHAMBER!

Last edited:
[video=youtube;y_ovkbQeqsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ovkbQeqsc#t=80[/video]

Wow. Just wow.

"Am I politically correct? No. I'm a little rough around the edges? Absolutely. I call a spade a spade." (1:17)

We cannot underestimate how much statements like this resonate with a huge amount of voters. This is what they like to hear from politicians and this is why Ford has been successful. The actual policies don't matter as long as Ford can say things like this.

Nordheimer challenged Levy on the delays, saying that beyond his concern for media seeking the information, there are people charged with offences who don’t know the case against them.

“It has been five months since the take down on this project,” Nordheimer said. “That is a long time to have no disclosure.”

Nordheimer adjourned the proceedings to consider several motions which could result in the release of the documents, but gave no date to expect his ruling.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/25/crown-taking-too-long-with-project-traveller-lawyers

Not to mention many "conservative" fans of the Eagles, even though Don Henley etc are classic Hollywood Liberals...

This argument could be made for almost everything in our culture from the last 45 years or so. Many conservatives -- myself included -- love Led Zeppelin, even though Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are as liberal as they come. Conservatives love Hollywood movies, which are mostly made by liberals, etc... Everyone, left or right, is influenced by liberal culture.

but it's mentioned as a location in the globe & mail article the other day, and in other news articles earlier this month. i wonder what's up with that.

can't remember if this was highlighted already, so in case it wasn't, from that globe & mail article...

and now there's this...

It currently has three plant locations in Toronto at 26 and 28 Greensboro Drive in Etobicoke, a relatively new one in California and one on the outskirts of Chicago, Illinois in Wood Dale that opened in the early part of the new millennium. They also have sales offices scattered around the United States including one in Hollywood, Florida.

http://viableopposition.blogspot.ca/2013/11/the-ford-family-business.html

also... looks like they are late to file their taxes this year...

Status of Annual Filings

2013 - Overdue

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=0402508

and since the deco adhesive was renamed / reformed as doug ford holdings inc.

Corporate Name History

1962-02-23 to 1985-03-04
DECO ADHESIVE PRODUCTS LIMITED

1985-03-04 to Present
DOUG FORD HOLDINGS INC.

i guess we should be looking in to doug ford holdings for a more comprehensive ford family business view.

Last edited:
"Am I politically correct? No. I'm a little rough around the edges? Absolutely. I call a spade a spade." (1:17)

We cannot underestimate how much statements like this resonate with a huge amount of voters. This is what they like to hear from politicians and this is why Ford has been successful. The actual policies don't matter as long as Ford can say things like this.

So true. It actually helps make him look "honest". And I'll go back to a point I made on this thread pages ago - lots of people grow in families that are as dysfunctional as the Fords'. Denial, selective memory, believing in whatever version of the truth helps you to survive the latest trauma - these are ingrained habits for them.

That, plus they have no idea how government works and really think $60/year "savings" amounts to something.

i recently read the star dispatches - Rob Ford: A date with destiny - by Kenneth Kidd (http://www.stardispatches.com/single.php?id=20 or http://myclass.peelschools.org/sec/NA/5362/Lessons/Toronto Star Dispatches/robford.pdf) and there are parts i feel are worth sharing.

summer of ’06, when John Parker found himself sitting with Doug Ford Sr. in the latter’s Etobicoke backyard. [...]

At one point, the fiscally conservative Parker suggested that young Rob, given his political views and obvious following, might one day contend for the mayoralty. “Doug said, ‘Yeah, I think you could be right — when he straightens himself out and he gets himself ready for the job.’”

could doug sr. be the angle that needs to be used more with rob? i.e. get rob thinking that his dad would not be happy with his performance?

their mother Diane has been an equally formidable influence [...]

“This is a solid mother bear,” Carroll remembers thinking. “If those kids were ever in the principal’s office, God help the principal when Diane got there.”
Their friendly chat, after all, had been peppered with Diane’s segues into the times Carroll and the mayor had locked horns, along the lines of, “ ‘I remember that one. Why weren’t you nicer to Rob on that one? You’re very nice, why can’t you be nicer to Rob?’
“And I thought, ‘you’ve been doing this for a long time, haven’t you?’”

therein lies so much of what caused what we have today. "solid mother bear"... whatever, that sounds like shitty mothering to me. has she ever asked her kids to be the ones to play nicer? shouldn't the kids that did something bad enough to warrant being sent to the principal be the ones dreading their mother's arrival? but no, the principal would have to watch out... so telling!

To rookie councillors, the message from the mayor’s office was always the same, says Councillor Sarah Doucette: “’If you do this for us, we’ll do that for you.’
“I don’t work that way. I don’t play silly games. It’s like going back to kindergarten and playing in the sandbox.”

[...]

Even seasoned veterans like Carroll admit to being rattled by the Ford administration’s tactics
, like the time in 2012 the mayor wanted Carroll to take over from Councillor Karen Stintz as chair of the TTC. The first entreaty, from a Ford staffer, came sometime after 6 p.m. on a Friday night. Carroll was still in her office. “I didn’t even get home when they called again,” she says.
After talking things over with her husband that night, Carroll decided she wasn’t interested and, as if to celebrate, the pair opened a bottle of wine. Then the phone rang. The mayor was on the line. It went on all weekend, until Carroll got a call Sunday night from a Ford staffer suggesting a get-together, perhaps even with the brothers Ford.
“ ‘There’s a Tim Hortons close to you; can we meet you there?’ ”
“ ‘I don’t know. When?’ ” Carroll replied.
“ ‘Well, we’re here now.’”
Carroll finally said enough was enough, and turned them down.
“I almost took them up on their offer because they’d so messed with my head,” she says. “You’d think I’d be pretty immune.” That got her wondering how rookie councillors would react to any pressure from the mayor’s office, not least those who’d won election by the slimmest of margins. Doug Ford, after all, was known to call out “2014, baby” during council sessions, a vaguely threatening reference to the next time the rookies would have to face voters.
“I’m thinking, oh my God. I remember how nervous and how jazzed I was all the time in my first term. I can’t imagine what it would be like to be a first-term councillor in this administration. It must be the most nerve-racking thing ever.”

Holyday and others have tried talking to the mayor about improving his behaviour, but Ford seems impervious. “He listens attentively and sometimes he says he will, or he won’t, but it doesn’t seem to change him much, at this point. I’m not sure he takes advice as well as he should.”
“There almost appears to be a childlike enthusiasm for some of the outlets of life,” adds Siemiatycki. “It wouldn’t surprise me if the thing that gives Rob Ford great pleasure in life is the time he spends on the football field and coaching those kids. I don’t mean this pejoratively, but there is the mindset of a teenager in Rob Ford.”

a childish teenage-like bully... with a dad that thought he needed straightening out, and a mom that never held him accountable.

Last edited:
Yes - almost everyone who works with computers unless you crush a hard drive you can recover almost everything off of it

No. I'm a professional in the industry. After one complete wipe of the drive with zeros or random data, everything is completely unrecoverable. Ever since hard drive platters achieved densities leading to capacities of 15GB or more, NIST and even Guttman himself (who wrote the paper that recommended a 7-pass wipe, which is what the DoD uses) agree that using magnetic force microscopy to recover data is completely impossible. You only need to know how a hard drive works to understand why it is impossible. At those densities, the magnetic noise you pick up will be mostly caused by heat. If you could even cool the platter down to 0K, even if you had the most precise magnetic force microscope ever conceived, you still wouldn't be able to do it.

The only reason 'deleted' files are recoverable from hard drives is because they are never actually deleted. When you "empty your recycle bin/trash can" or shift-delete a file, all that does is remove the link to those sectors on the hard drive in the file system. The physical file is never actually overwritten or erased, it is only gone when that space is needed to store different data (e.g. when you write more to the drive).

On another note, it really annoys me how some of you people talk with such conviction about things you obviously know nothing about. No, most banks and insurance companies do not crush their hard drives though I'm sure some do, but they might degauss them and recycle them. A lot just do a wipe and then recycle them. The truth is, it costs more to pay employees to sit there and wipe drives than second-hand enterprise drives could ever be worth.

This argument could be made for almost everything in our culture from the last 45 years or so. Many conservatives -- myself included -- love Led Zeppelin, even though Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are as liberal as they come. Conservatives love Hollywood movies, which are mostly made by liberals, etc... Everyone, left or right, is influenced by liberal culture.

OR it could be not everything is political. Really.

No. I'm a professional in the industry. After one complete wipe of the drive with zeros or random data, everything is completely unrecoverable.

Even if it wasn't completely unrecoverable, it's unrecoverable for the purposes of forensics anyway, since they're only allowed to use what can be imaged by a bit for bit copy from the original, which must stay unchanged from the way it was found.

Apropros of nothing, even though this is the truth, in the government, we're still required to do the 7 pass thing or physical destruction. I guess they didn't get the memo.
Didn't this thread have this exact same conversation several hundred pages ago though?

On another note, it really annoys me how some of you people talk with such conviction about things you obviously know nothing about.
UT has always had a large representation from this demographic. You see it in this thread where many with no legal expertise believed with strong conviction that Ford was going to jail. I think much of the "ignorant but sure" crowd can be attributed to the younger folks on UT, plus the man-childs in their 20s and 30s still living in their parents' house. Once you live a little, you begin to see that there is a difference between opinion, desire and fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back