2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.6K     9 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, even the language in a police report is demeaning: Fickel was on a date with a GIRL.

If the situation was reversed, highly doubtful the sentence would read: Hills was on a date with a BOY.

Like what? Like this?

I asked someone a few days ago not to use the 'c word' as a pejorative because it is sexist and against the code of conduct. There was no castigating going on.
I never referred to any man as a dick or as an idiot.
Not sure how any of this applies to RF’s objectification of his wife.
I absolutely don’t understand your train of thought. To me, it is not logical, that is why I thought you were making stuff up in your head.
Anyway, if you require further conversation, perhaps it could take place as personal messages.

See, even the language in a police report is demeaning: Fickel was on a date with a GIRL.

If the situation was reversed, highly doubtful the sentence would read: Hills was on a date with a BOY.

That's transcribed or at least typed into a report from a cop's notes. Probably how Fickel described her to the cop interviewing him - "I was out with a girl."

Hey here's a totally unrelated question. Take a look at this for a second:

View attachment 19849

Anyone care to speculate what "basement living room/REDACTED (Personal identifier) REDACTED (Personal identifier) area" means?

Yeah that is pretty strange because what ever transpired left the visitors feeling uncomfortable. I don't think the joint smoking was the thing that made them uncomfortable either. It had to have been something worse to make them uncomfortable enough to leave.
I don't know but gut feeling says it was something sexually inappropriate.

"Basement living room/Renata's sex swing area" ?
"Basement living room/children's dungeon area" ?
"Basement living room/Randy's grow room area" ?

How the hell does that sentence end in a way that implicates someone in something?

eah that is pretty strange because what ever transpired left the visitors feeling uncomfortable. I don't think the joint smoking was the thing that made them uncomfortable either. It had to have been something worse to make them uncomfortable enough to leave.
I don't know but gut feeling says it was something sexually inappropriate

eah that is pretty strange because what ever transpired left the visitors feeling uncomfortable. I don't think the joint smoking was the thing that made them uncomfortable either. It had to have been something worse to make them uncomfortable enough to leave.
Or, keeping with the Breaking Bad theme that has run along side this saga, perhaps the basement was used for growing/manufacturing drugs: Randy's, Doug's and Rob's.

Two thoughts:

1. The blacked out section could easily refer to a bedroom area. If Rob was sleeping in the doghouse while his wife stayed upstairs (or vice versa) then that detail could have been excluded. Or, they could have had someone staying over who was unrelated to the investigation (e.g., a nanny suite for Rob's in-laws).

2. For the love of god please don't have it turn out that Rob tried to proposition his employee and his employee's date for a four-way. However, four of them sitting around in awkward silence while Rob got baked would probably be the most likely answer.

Last edited:
2. For the love of god please don't have it turn out that Rob tried to proposition his employee and his employee's date for a four-way

No way, for the love of god DO let that be what happened. That would be the most amazing twist yet. We're this far through the looking glass already, let's get really WEIRD with it...

Hey here's a totally unrelated question. Take a look at this for a second:

Anyone care to speculate what "basement living room/REDACTED (Personal identifier) REDACTED (Personal identifier) area" means?

"Basement living room/Renata's sex swing area" ?
"Basement living room/children's dungeon area" ?
"Basement living room/Randy's grow room area" ?

How the hell does that sentence end in a way that implicates someone in something?

I really don't think a police document would contain something described so flippantly. And it would've been discussed further by Hills if it were shocking (even if all we get to see is more redaction).

Maybe the space doubles as a guest bedroom for Renata's parents (since they are there so often anyways to take care of the Ford kids). Or maybe a hired live-in nanny sleeps there, but for some reason they don't want that made public. Not all redacted portions equal something illegal or hugely embarrassing.

The summary section says "she was uncomfortable because the mayor of her city was offering her weed in his house."

Maybe some one is sleeping/sleeps there? I think the uncomfortableness comes more from drug use and/or what ever the conversation turned to.

I really don't think a police document would contain something described so flippantly. And it would've been discussed further by Hills if it were shocking (even if all we get to see is more redaction).

Maybe the space doubles as a guest bedroom for Renata's parents (since they are there so often anyways to take care of the Ford kids). Or maybe a hired live-in nanny sleeps there, but for some reason they don't want that made public. Not all redacted portions equal something illegal or hugely embarrassing.

The summary section says "she was uncomfortable because the mayor of her city was offering her weed in his house."

Hah well my examples were hyperbolic for effect. But if it was a bedroom for a nanny or something why would TWO words be redacted? It could be "basement living room/REDACTED bedroom area" but they redacted two things. Not saying it's for sure salacious it's just a curious redaction is all.

Newearthling,

I just think it's a massive stretch to infer from Ford's comments, outrageous as they were, that he thinks his wife's only purpose is sex. This interpretation appeared to be based mostly on your preconceptions of how men perceive women, and little else.

Perhaps a more apt comparison would be a gay man making a similarly crude comment about his partner. This is something I've witnessed a couple of times. In that context, similar comments had everything to do with the perpetrator of such comments being an inconsiderate idiot, and very little to do with the 'objectification' of the opposite sex.

From Hills' interview about the incident:

h) HILLS became uncomfortable after the Mayor began smoking the joint. He was the only
one smoking it and he only offered it to her. She was uncomfortable because the Mayor
of her city was offering her ''weed" in his house.
i) At one point while the Mayor was smoking the joint HILLS was texting her mother on
her cellphone. The Mayor said "I hope you're not taking a picture of me". She told him
that she was not.
j) HILLS does not know if the Mayor smoked the whole joint himself or if he put it out
partly way through. The Mayor's _wife never smoked any of the joint.
k) REDACTED (Personal identifier) REDACTED (Personal identifier). The Mayor was pretty red faced but HILLS did not see him drinking any alcohol.

That redaction suggests someone else in the room who also didn't smoke any of the joint.

I'd hate after literally every other thing that the mayor has done (not one of which would appear more virtuous on my personal scale of depravity than this whole "pussy" remark thing), some bad language is what brings him down. He's done SO MUCH WORSE. Now, the "paki" thing, THAT would be fine if that's what got him. That's a million times worse in my book.

I disagree. Olivia Gondek and Renata Ford just got to watch Rob Ford talk about their genitals on international TV.

Olivia Gondek has made it very clear she doesn't want any part of this. She didn't accuse Ford of anything -- other people did. Ford not only said that SHE had accused him (which is going to make her an enemy of Ford Nation, with all the safety concerns that entails) -- he started talking about her "pussy" again. Then he started talking about eating out his wife. Then he made his wife stand next to him (she CLEARLY didn't like being there) while he reminded everyone that he had been talking about eating her out in front of the whole world.

It's not that he talked about genitals, it's that he talked about these specific women's genitals. He violated their privacy and he did it in a way that's going to make international headlines.

As a woman I reacted to this on a visceral level. I would be totally humiliated if someone did that to me.

I really don't see the point re: "Paki" being worse because it's an inherently offensive word and "pussy" isn't. So what? By that logic, we should all be OK with people punching us in the face because there's nothing inherently wrong with swinging your fist.

The racial abuse of the taxi driver was horrific, but this was a more public act and it exposed and embarrassed someone the mayor supposedly loves. I'm not interested in saying which was "worse" but they were both abusive and hurtful, just in different ways.

Last edited:
Hi All. First time poster here - I've been lurking for the past couple weeks, fascinated by the Rob Ford Train Wreck.

I made a connection that I thought may be compelling, thought I'd share it:

Peter Kordas: sometimes driver for Mayor Ford, drives a bus at York University, once drove a TTC bus until he was canned for propositioning a young woman while on duty. http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._rob_ford_friends_who_sought_crack_video.html

Alana Kindree: Miss Toronto Tourism 2010, intern at Planet in Focus http://planetinfocus.org/about-us/interns/

Reading Alana's Planet in Focus bio, we find out that she's graduating this April from York University.

From Pages 154-155 of the ITO, Isaac Ransom says that Kordas and Alana were in Mayor Fords office and at the Bier Markt on the night of the St Patrick's Day Massacre.

Pure speculation disclaimer here - could Kordas have "procured" Alana for the Mayor, using the same "bus proposition" method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back