News   May 03, 2024
 151     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 315     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 729     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

I thought I saw a leased sign beside the empty space next to Tiffany (the old Mac Spot? its been so long I can't remember what was); Does anyone know who's taken the spot?

Also Davids has closed in Hazelton Lanes - I guess not surprising given their Bloor Street Location. Really I wonder what's going to become of Hazelton Lanes - practically everything is empty - only Whole Foods seems to be doing well and adding life to the mall.

dandgj21.jpg

Amarynth is only about 1,450 sq ft. Unless adjoining retail space is secured, it would likely be too small for Suitsupply. We've been told Suitsupply wants over 5,000 square feet. 150 Bloor W. floorplan (including Amarynth space) http://www.150bloor.com/library/pdf/150bloor_leasing_strategy-nov12.pdf

As of a couple of weeks ago, Suitsupply's broker says she hasn't secured space for the retailer. That, despite Suitsupply's announcing that they are "opening soon" - http://us.suitsupply.com/on/demandw...e/en_US/Stores-Details?StoreID=stores-Toronto

Last edited by a moderator:
Dolce and Gabbana now has signage installed and one can see furnishings in the windows, and it looks to be ready to open I would think within a week or two. Taking a peak through the hoarding at Mulberry, I would hazard to guess they'll open fairly soon as well. The interior of Tiffany's looks like it's nearing completion, but the exterior cladding has yet to be installed. Pretty exciting stuff going on, all in all.

It's longer in the evening. I'm glad I had one fix before things got too crazy. I heard that they're extending their stay a bit, but does anyone know when? Hope they stay for TIFF.

It's longer in the evening. I'm glad I had one fix before things got too crazy. I heard that they're extending their stay a bit, but does anyone know when? Hope they stay for TIFF.

Guy managing the lineup last weekend said they had their lease extended until the end of August because they were doing so well.

It looks like EVERYONE is leaving...

This is interesting. I'm not surprised about Roots - they've been downsizing a lot of their stores to focus on leather goods and other items. Their Bloor Store is HUGE and totally underutilized. The back half of the second floor (where there was a cafe once) is basically not used.

The loss of Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma is potentially interesting. There's a total of 50,000 square feet of retail, which is huge. I wonder if the landlord is using this as a bargaining tactic with Pottery Barn and W-S. The Club Monaco space was "on the market" but they ended up renewing their lease.

Certainly Bloor has changed significantly since that development was built and the landlord must be chomping at the bit to charge higher rents.

Back