News   Mar 28, 2024
 469     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 390     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 740     0 

Target

Soft opening at East York Town Centre, Cloverdale and Centrepoint Mall Tuesday March 19th.
Shoppers World Danforth and Square One Thursday March 28th.
All other Spring 2013 openings will be on these dates - list on Target Canada Facebook page.

Target will get a lot of people excited when the stores open, but I find the merchandise in their American stores to be rather banal and not that different from what Zellers had to offer.

Target will get a lot of people excited when the stores open, but I find the merchandise in their American stores to be rather banal and not that different from what Zellers had to offer.

I think they underestimated the Canadian consumer IMO.

Went to the Target at Centrepoint last night. Disappointing. The store is small (and on 2 floors) and there wasn't anything particularly appealing about the merchandise.

I really don't get the "disappointment". It's just a big-box store, just one of the better ones. You're not going to Target to expect freaking Nordstrom type status. It's not like they're going to open shop in Canada and suddenly they're going to have sales associates helping you pick out your perfect Saturday outfit and have them wipe your ass.

Plus, they have Starbucks. Target wins.

You can sell interesting merchandise at decent prices, and people will get justifiably excited. IKEA, for instance, sells uniquely designed houseware for decent prices (in addition to furniture). If we were getting our first IKEA, there would be good reason to be excited.

I really don't get the "disappointment". It's just a big-box store, just one of the better ones. You're not going to Target to expect freaking Nordstrom type status. It's not like they're going to open shop in Canada and suddenly they're going to have sales associates helping you pick out your perfect Saturday outfit and have them wipe your ass.

Plus, they have Starbucks. Target wins.

bleh....consider Target a cleaner, slightly more upscale version of Walmart. Correction make it a Zellers with a make-over.

If I can inject some levity for a moment. My friend Tom (a super smart engineer, quick witted and simply hilarious all the time) goes to Target on Saturday with his wife. Here's how it went:

So, funny story of the day....my wife dragged me to Target in Newmarket (that's not the funny part, that's actually tragic)...here's the funny part: I picked up a couple of $5.00 DVDs, including the shlock classic Zombieland (remember, keep your cardio up in case of a zombie invasion)...here's how the conversation at the cash went:
Cashier: This is an 18+ movie...I'll need to see photo ID
Me: Haha...good one
Cashier: I'm serious. Target store policy. Sorry.
Me: I'm 41...I have two kids. Seriously.
Cashier: Sorry...I still need to see your ID.
Me: Am I on Candid Camera?
Cashier: Sorry...store policy.
Me: Can I just take off my shirt and show you my one giant ab and my grey chest hairs?
Cashier (to my wife): Is he with you?
Shelly (sheepishly): Yeas...yes he is.
Cashier: Your life must be a riot.
Me: So what's it gonna be? Shirt on or off?
Cashier: I still need to see your photo ID, sir. Target store policy.
Me: Bwahahahaha! I love this joint! You people crack me up. (produces ID after much digging in Costanza sized wallet)
Cashier (deadpan): Have a nice day, sir and thank you for shopping Target.
Me (loudly, arms raised in triumph): Whoooooo! Carded at the Tar-jay! Whooooo!
Shelly: Why me?

Back