Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

8127658751_ab72fa5b3d_c.jpg

Hullmark Centre Update - October 27th 2012

Cladding continues to move up on the North side of the West Tower

Another cookie cutter!! Look, the same panel as X building.

Very disappointed when I shot this building since I last saw it in May, as well a few others ones yesterday.

Ho Hum, another sq Box.

Maybe they should shoot for some thing like this
8171094973_a8b75028b1_b.jpg

8171093195_302461acca_b.jpg

8171126274_53fc854a68_b.jpg

Honestly I don't get the appeal of living on this corner:

What am I missing?

I love this area.... 30 min from anywhere during rush hour. 15 min from anywhere late at night when there's no traffic.
401. 404 takes 5 minutes.
2 subway lines. Yonge/Bloor in 20 minutes. U of T in 25 min.

Chinese/Korean/Persian cuisine and shops. It's also a ridiculously safe area with a large mix of cultures.

What's not to love?

I love this area.... 30 min from anywhere during rush hour. 15 min from anywhere late at night when there's no traffic.
401. 404 takes 5 minutes.
2 subway lines. Yonge/Bloor in 20 minutes. U of T in 25 min.

Chinese/Korean/Persian cuisine and shops. It's also a ridiculously safe area with a large mix of cultures.

What's not to love?
You should know they probably aren't a fan of those if they asked the "what am i missing" question.

It's not the most exciting part of the city, but then again, you get amenities like Mel Lastman Square, the North York Central Library, the Toronto Centre for the Arts, movie theatres, and many restaurants. Some of these neighbourhood amenities are among the best of their kind in the city. The metropolitan feel of Yonge street definitely has its appeal with tower after tower housing polished granite shopping arcades and a landscaped median on the main street. It has its own urban character thanks to North York's unique planning when it was its own city. In fact, I'd say that NYCC is one of the city's most interesting neighbourhoods. If you ever get a chance, stop by North York's former city hall, now the civic centre. It has this cool interior in which the floors with different city departments are terraced and open up onto an atrium, with open stairs linking the floors from the atrium. After business hours, this office area is merely closed with metal gates on the stairs. There's no space like it in the city.

Last edited:

Back