News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 632     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 917     0 

Corktown

Hi Guys - I recently stumbled across a listing in the 'Brewery Lofts' on Sumach just North of Queen. Wondering if anyone has any feedback/opinions on this building, the neighborhood etc.
Thanks in advance - Dan.

Hi Guys - I recently stumbled across a listing in the 'Brewery Lofts' on Sumach just North of Queen. Wondering if anyone has any feedback/opinions on this building, the neighborhood etc.
Thanks in advance - Dan.

Older condo convert (was a CBC props warehouse beforehand, I believe.) I've seen the inside of one, and it was spectacular in the 'sterile ultramodern' mode -- polished concrete floors, very high ceilings, concrete pillars, huge amount of glass. Right in behind the renovated heritage building (Vistek, was Librarie Champlain, a bunch of smaller businesses) from Queen. 'nabe is 'up & coming' -- still some sketchiness, particularly to the north as you run into Regent Park across Shuter pretty quick, but a great pub on Queen a block east, tons of new construction on King just south courtesy of Streetcar and West Donlands, easy to get on the DVP going north off Queen or take the 501 downtown to work.

I'd say thumb's up, but it's nae no Riverdale, laddie...

Last edited:
Thanks in advance - Dan.

IIRC the units were pretty much sold as basic builder shells so owners could renovate to their own tastes, budgets, etc.

they are larger at minimum of 1000 sf with high ceilings (10-14 ft) and mushroom columns

Anyone know what is potentially being proposed to be built at the NE corner of Richmond and Berkeley??

There is a parking lot there now that runs to east and stops at the flower shop. To the north, the art frame galleryhouse has been sold, along with the lot to the north and the building at 133 Berkeley. 135 and 137 is listed for sale, but hasn't sold yet.

Anyone with inside info?

Hey all,

I noticed this week that the former Ritchie's Auctioneers property was being gutted. Does anyone have any info on what might be happening here? I'm hoping there will be some positive development - this immediate piece of King (and the dilapidated property across the street) could really use some life.

When I went by last week I noticed a sign saying there are plans to build an 8 story commercial building on the site. I assume there's a thread about it here, somewhere.

I walk by there daily and haven't noticed the sign - I'll look more closely next time.

Does anyone from the Corktown Neighbourhood Association have any further info?

When I went by last week I noticed a sign saying there are plans to build an 8 story commercial building on the site. I assume there's a thread about it here, somewhere.

I also walk by quite often and saw no signs but I too will look again. There appear to be no permits for anything and no Development applications either.

The small blue-painted building on South side of King (#503 I think) beside the already sold BMG Imaging building and just west of the Virgin Place is for sale.

The small blue-painted building on South side of King (#503 I think) beside the already sold BMG Imaging building and just west of the Virgin Place is for sale.
I've heard that the owner of that building has kept it due to the ads on the roof being particularly lucrative.

I also walk by quite often and saw no signs but I too will look again. There appear to be no permits for anything and no Development applications either.

As far as I can see there are no signs posted at the ex-Ritchie's Auctioneers (though there is clearly some work going on inside.)

They are, finally, working on the white building immediately opposite (between Trinity and Gilead Place ( #445 King East). Thy got a Demolition Permit last November but their building permit was refused.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Refusal Notice

TORONTO ON M5A 1L5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 208871 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Oct 22, 2010

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - This is a new three(3) storey mixed use/non residential building. The building will be used for a furniture showroom and office. The basement will be for storage, the first and second floors will be a showroom area and the third floor will be an office area. There is also a mechanical penthouse on the roof of the building.

I vaguely remember hearing a while back that a Tesla dealership might be going in the Ritchies site?

Also, so glad to see the scaffolding in front of 445 King East! That building was a eye sore for anyone heading to Gilead.

I think the Tesla dealership fell through about a year or so back.

And I as well did not see a sign at Richie's - I stopped a looked around, too.

Back