Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

"from the mid 300's"

does it really make sense to buy pre-construction now? It's more than resale.

"Exclusive Condominium Partner of TIFF Bell Lightbox".

Hmm. I wonder if there was a lot of interest in the Festival Tower because of TIFF, but which didn't translate into purchases owing to the prices there? Maybe Daniels is looking to tap more of that market here. I wonder what (if any) deals they will have in place with TIFF?

sound like Daniels is just trying to milk as much as they can from the ever so slight association to TIFF (being located next door) ...

IMO ... other than the location, this project realistically has nothing to do with the TIFF Bell Lightbox from a marketing value standpoint (unlike Festival Tower)

"Exclusive Condominium PARTNER" has got to mean something substantive for those buying here. By changing the name from Barcelona to Cinema they are really pushing the connection!

"Exclusive Condominium PARTNER" has got to mean something substantive for those buying here. By changing the name from Barcelona to Cinema they are really pushing the connection!

I noticed that too. But then I realized that it's in the direct vicinity of TIFF and Paramount Theatre, so that's probably the reasoning.

sound like Daniels is just trying to milk as much as they can from the ever so slight association to TIFF (being located next door) ...

IMO ... other than the location, this project realistically has nothing to do with the TIFF Bell Lightbox from a marketing value standpoint (unlike Festival Tower)

add in, though, it is being built by the same company.....obviously could not call it TIFF II (well they probably could but that would attract some sort of fee to TIFF) but they are certainly not the first company to try and associate a condo development with a nearby successful projtect that they completed.

I just walked by what I think is the site for Cinema (the construction guy seemed to think it was) They are currently drilling for shoring/excavation.

Can we get confirmation that it is indeed under construction? If so, is it in the shoring phase or in the excavation phase?

If the site is in fact already in excavation, then this project should be added to my "Top 20" list.

Thanks for the photos, current. That is definitely a shoring rig on the right hand side of the first photo.

It looks to me that they are either just started, or just about to start, shoring operations on this project. So a it will be a few more weeks yet before it enters the top 20 list.

Back