News   May 10, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Dwell City Towns (427 & Rathburn, Menkes, ?s, ?) (was Sell-Off Condos)

According to the Holiday Towers website: http://www.holidaytowers.ca/main.html

Architecture is by Turner Fleischer Architects Inc. (TFAI)

4 towers @ 25 x2 + 22 + 20s

Sales staff 'say' construction is planned to begin in Fall 2009, with estimated occupancy in April 2011 (I would + 6 months at least) ... sales staff claims 70% is sold in phase 1 (why does this # sound so common nowadays ;) LOL)

Rendering

HolidayTowers.jpg

Phase 1 includes the 2 southerly towers closer to Holiday Drive ... Tower 1 (on the right) and all podium suites are released for sale, Tower 2 (on the left) suites have yet to be launched...

I have heard these have sold well,
so any idea on construction.

There is Valhalla Inn proposal and some Eva Road proposal as well.

Anyone want to clear the air..

It's strange....I drive by the sales office everyday on my way home from work. There is never anybody there, same goes for weekends. I think they even closed down for the majority of the summer. I guess they do a lot of business during the day....go figure! The hotel (Holiday Inn) is a real eyesore....can't wait for them to tear it down.

This is what I was told from Holiday Towers sales staff previously:

Sales staff 'say' construction is planned to begin in Fall 2009, with estimated occupancy in April 2011 (I would + 6 months at least) ... sales staff claims 70% is sold in phase 1 (why does this # sound so common nowadays ;) LOL)

Existing Threads for the projects lordmandeep mentioned:

Valhalla Inn Condos on the 427

2-6 Eva Road (Etobicoke, Evral, 16 + 28 + 28 + 31s, Rafael & Bigauskas)

It's strange....I drive by the sales office everyday on my way home from work. There is never anybody there, same goes for weekends. I think they even closed down for the majority of the summer. I guess they do a lot of business during the day....go figure! The hotel (Holiday Inn) is a real eyesore....can't wait for them to tear it down.

How far is the holiday towers now ? any updates or progress on the construction ? are they still on time for delivery ?

How far is the holiday towers now ? any updates or progress on the construction ? are they still on time for delivery ?

I drive by the site every day, there's nothing going on. The old Holiday Inn is still there ...

I drive by the site every day, there's nothing going on. The old Holiday Inn is still there ...
This is weird though - they were due to deliver by the end of 2011, by the speed with which they are moving (even if they are) - it seems like they wont be done by 2015 or so.

Are they even going ahead ? or is this project just there on the website now !? any buyers for holiday towers, as i remember the sales rep kept telling me the day i was there that they are more than half way through and 50+ % sold out !? seems like that was a lie eh !

They are still moving things along, there's been a pick-up in sales activity the past few of months. Delivery obviously won't occur by the end of 2011 - it really depends on how well sales do in the coming months as they are more or less ready to go once specific conditions are met.

Drove by the site today and its no longer Holiday Towers.........they changed the signs, colors and name, looks like they are taking a different approach to this one.

You're right. I saw that too, but I don't think they're changing the name, just trying to drum up interest.
www.selloffcondo.com is the website listed on the sign at the physical site now. They seem to have drastically lowered their prices according to this, though I don't know what the prices were like to begin with.
Just off the top of my head, I would think that they just want to get sales overwith before the Tridel project gets going about 2km south and steals their thunder.

Drove by the site today and its no longer Holiday Towers.........they changed the signs, colors and name, looks like they are taking a different approach to this one.

You're right. I saw that too, but I don't think they're changing the name, just trying to drum up interest.
www.selloffcondo.com is the website listed on the sign at the physical site now. They seem to have drastically lowered their prices according to this, though I don't know what the prices were like to begin with.

that's one bizarre marketing name ... looks like they have substantially reduced their pricing though
  • all bachelors $119,000
  • all jr 1BRs $149,000
  • all 1BRs $169,000

If I recall correctly, their bachelors started @ around $149K and 1BR suites started around $189K ~ but seems like the builder doesn't have to do anything to sell the 1B+D or 2BR suites :)

Haha, I saw that too, on a big, ugly yellow sign - "SELL OFF CONDOS!" Seriously? I'm not sure this "Honest Ed's" style marketing approach is the wisest way to sell units, but I guess I'll be proven wrong when construction starts. I'm getting impatient though...the 427 should be lined with towers already!

I don't even know if the "marketing" really makes a difference. This re-launch is price point driven. Make it super low and people will buy. The only problem is that if you read between the lines, they are essentially saying that the area/project is only worth this low price. This is scary also because this is a re-launch. Sounds like desperation to me.

I don't even know if the "marketing" really makes a difference. This re-launch is price point driven. Make it super low and people will buy. The only problem is that if you read between the lines, they are essentially saying that the area/project is only worth this low price. This is scary also because this is a re-launch. Sounds like desperation to me.

"Relaunch" - thats new to me. Just a quick question though - what about the buyers who have already purchased units in this building for a higher price at the time of launch ? do they get their money back or overall balance adjusted ?

Back