EAST Lofts Condos (Harhay Construction) - Real Estate -

Size difference

Although I'm sure there's a logical reason why they had to make the balcony shorter, nevertheless, a full foot would be a material change in my mind. If it was just half a foot then no. But 13 inches shorter also means it's less wide so I would argue that's considerably less square footage on your balcony versus what you bought into.

Worth a call to your lawyor?

If you ask the builder I think you will be given the option to get out of your purchase agreement, which is not something you want to do since your unit has increased in value since you purchased it. You should still ask the question.

Tarion Package and size of couch

My PDI is tomorrow (Saturday) and I have still yet to receive any sort of Tarion package. Should I have received it in advance or will the developer bring it with him to the PDI?

Also, I am looking at some couches now and want to make sure that whatever size I buy will fit through the doorway into my unit. Has anyone measured the maximum size of couches that will fit? The couch I am looking at is 92 inches in length

Thanks!

Myron will give you the Tarion package at your PDI inspection tomorrow. He'll give you the Tarion form for you to fill out with your observed deficiencies after he has given you a bit of a tour and explained some of the different building and suite features.

I didn't measure the door, sorry.

i was in the building on sunday looking at a few units. The building is FAR from being completed. If your moving in, you should bring your hard hat. I found the kitchens to be extremely small and lacking significant storage space. The exposed concrete walls were too cold IMO. I wouldn't be too excited if i bought a unit here off a plan.

2010 01 09 005.jpg
2010 01 09 006.jpg

The concrete is a matter of taste, although it would seem that the developer did a very poor job in managing buyers' expectations about the amount of unfinished, exposed concrete. Judging by the comments from other buyers, it would seem that most were aware that the ceilings were going to be exposed concrete; the unfinished concrete shear walls however seemed to be a surprise to most. Certainly they were not a part of the model suite used during the sales phase, nor indicated on the marketing drawings.

However, surface mounted conduit and plugs?! Exposed gas lines running across living room ceilings to serve the balcony of the suite above? A piece of metal flashing covering the gap between the window frame and the end of the concrete shear wall? This represents the state of residential construction in Toronto in 2010? Sigh.

Attachments

• 2010 01 09 005.jpg
    2010 01 09 005.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 785
  • 2010 01 09 006.jpg
    2010 01 09 006.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 858
I love the interior here! Very raw, and with my imagination I could create something very special...on the cheap! For example, you could wrap the pillars in either fabric, plastic (like the stuff they wrap TTC streetcars in), metal, wood etc with built in shelving wrapping around the pillars. The ceiling likewise could have built in storage compartments--accessed via a collapsible ladder perhaps? The possibilities are endless if you're an urbandreamer.:)

I was looking at these places in September 2007, and I was told occupancy in May 2009. Only 7 people have moved in apparently at this point. That's a full 8 months past due.

I bought a house in Leslieville and haven't looked back. I have 4 storeys and a 2 car garage in a brand new house, great neighbours, in a great neighbourhood. Boy am I glad I didn't get suckered into that. Brad Lamb and his "professionals"...aren't.

Buyer Beware. I hate seeing people getting taken advantage of.

Cheers

View attachment 3054View attachment 3055

The concrete is a matter of taste, although it would seem that the developer did a very poor job in managing buyers' expectations about the amount of unfinished, exposed concrete. Judging by the comments from other buyers, it would seem that most were aware that the ceilings were going to be exposed concrete; the unfinished concrete shear walls however seemed to be a surprise to most. Certainly they were not a part of the model suite used during the sales phase, nor indicated on the marketing drawings.

However, surface mounted conduit and plugs?! Exposed gas lines running across living room ceilings to serve the balcony of the suite above? A piece of metal flashing covering the gap between the window frame and the end of the concrete shear wall? This represents the state of residential construction in Toronto in 2010? Sigh.

surely that's not the finished product is it ?!?

I was looking at these places in September 2007, and I was told occupancy in May 2009. Only 7 people have moved in apparently at this point. That's a full 8 months past due.

I bought a house in Leslieville and haven't looked back. I have 4 storeys and a 2 car garage in a brand new house, great neighbours, in a great neighbourhood. Boy am I glad I didn't get suckered into that. Brad Lamb and his "professionals"...aren't.

Buyer Beware. I hate seeing people getting taken advantage of.

Cheers

BJL is the 21st c snake-oil salesman.

Also, I am looking at some couches now and want to make sure that whatever size I buy will fit through the doorway into my unit. Has anyone measured the maximum size of couches that will fit? The couch I am looking at is 92 inches in length

Thanks!

92 inches is large for a 3000sqft Oakville home, let alone a downtown condo.

Our house is condo-sized (<13 feet wide), and our couch is 68 inches. I would hesitate to get anything larger than 74-76. 82 is standard.

Window Treatment

I didn't take the developer's window treatment upgrades but am installing my own roller shades. When the hardware store guys came in to measure my windows, they discovered that the heater pipes are too close to a couple of the windows that they can't install the shades from the very top of the windows. Instead they have to install below the pipes, leaving a part of the windows uncovered. Does anyone else have a similar problem? Are you doing anything to the uncovered part of the windows?

I'm very satisfied with everything else in my unit except for this issue. Somehow I just think it's not gonna look nice with a strip of windows on top of the shades...

I would love to see more pictures of the interior, if any owners would post them, it'd be much appreciated!

Back