EAST Lofts Condos (Harhay Construction) - Real Estate -

Visited..

I visited four units yesterday evening and I was personally impressed with the layout and finishing of the units, particularly one + den. One gracious tenant allowed us into their abode that's a corner unit facing west with had a fantastic view of the core and CN Tower. The lobby, even though not yet completed, has a clean/minimalistic look.

One thing I did kind of notice was the finishing of the floor. It felt a bit raw and unfinished. Perhaps it is intended to stay like this?

I love the area and I'm hoping to walk to work from there!

Has anyone measured the maximum size of couches that will fit? The couch I am looking at is 92 inches in length

Thanks!

Forgot to update you guys, the height of the door going into individual units is 84" (7 feet), at least mine is on the 9th floor....so larger sofas won't fit unless they are sectionals with a chaise.

92 inches is large for a 3000sqft Oakville home, let alone a downtown condo.

Our house is condo-sized (<13 feet wide), and our couch is 68 inches. I would hesitate to get anything larger than 74-76. 82 is standard.

My couch is 82 inches long and it fits fine in my living room dining room which is a good 11-12ft x18ft. I could have gone larger too.

Forgot to update you guys, the height of the door going into individual units is 84" (7 feet), at least mine is on the 9th floor....so larger sofas won't fit unless they are sectionals with a chaise.

I would think that you could carry your sofa in through the door horizontally, or at last at an angle to the floor (so the door height isn't a factor) providing your suite plan doesn't have any tight corners once inside the door.

Last edited:
PDI photos

I would love to see more pictures of the interior, if any owners would post them, it'd be much appreciated!

Here are some of the photos from my PDI. A couple things were missing (fridge, mirror in washroom) but otherwise it was pretty much completed.

I have a 600sqft unit with the layout as attached

NOTE: I was using a 10mm super wide-angle lens to take the shots so some of the perspective is distorted

Attachments

• IMG_9921.JPG
    IMG_9921.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_9904.JPG
    IMG_9904.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_9906.JPG
    IMG_9906.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_9917.JPG
    IMG_9917.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_9909.JPG
    IMG_9909.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_9923.JPG
    IMG_9923.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_9910.JPG
    IMG_9910.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_9914.JPG
    IMG_9914.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_9928.jpg
    IMG_9928.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_9905.JPG
    IMG_9905.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_9916.JPG
    IMG_9916.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 597
  • condo layout.JPG
    condo layout.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 600
Looks great mousepotato -- you changed the bathroom door location I see? Your finishes work well together.

Thanks! Yeah I changed the location of the door at the cost of some front closet space (it now opens towards the front door). I figured this would open up the foyer a bit more and avoid having the bathroom go directly into the living/dining area. It also gave me a lot more wall space in the living/dining area to be flexible with TV and picture placement.

Here are some of the photos from my PDI. A couple things were missing (fridge, mirror in washroom) but otherwise it was pretty much completed.

I have a 600sqft unit with the layout as attached

NOTE: I was using a 10mm super wide-angle lens to take the shots so some of the perspective is distorted

Your unit looks great, very good layout, maximizes your available space! You must be excited to move. The sliding glass doors looks very nice. You have nice light and a view of King St.

Any advice on sanding, polishing, and/or sealing the concrete walls and ceiling? I'd like to make it look a little less raw than it is now while still maintaining the look. Would like to get some rough cost estimates if possible. Thanks!

Actually, I was just about to say how I love the concrete walls and ceiling. It makes the bulkheads look almost architectural and cool!

Back