Toronto OnePark West | ?m | 13s | Daniels | Core Architects

Daniels ... consistently come in second after Tridel in the J.D. Power satisfaction rankings of condo builders in the GTA in recent years.

that is truly a suprise (given everyone I personally know or heard from living in a Daniels building seem to be dis-satisfied)... but thanks for the info nonetheless I-42

ONE COLE OVER 85% SOLD! (in less than a month?)

That's the sign I saw walking by this weekend and I was like WTF? In less than a month? In Regent park? With those prices? And the economic crash, NO WAY! OK, maybe 85% of units released but when I went in to ask a sales rep, I was told that this building is selling like hotcakes and is over 85% sold of all the units. If that's true, I'm dumbfounded. I thought the days of condo madness were over for Toronto. Who would take such a big risk at Regent Park, considering the prices were about the same as other more upscale neighbourhoods? Anyway, if this is a sign of things to come, it can only be good for Toronto's future but I am still in shock. lol (a good kind of shock)

ONE COLE OVER 85% SOLD! (in less than a month?)

That's the sign I saw walking by this weekend and I was like WTF? In less than a month? In Regent park? With those prices? And the economic crash, NO WAY! OK, maybe 85% of units released but when I went in to ask a sales rep, I was told that this building is selling like hotcakes and is over 85% sold of all the units. If that's true, I'm dumbfounded. I thought the days of condo madness were over for Toronto. Who would take such a big risk at Regent Park, considering the prices were about the same as other more upscale neighbourhoods? Anyway, if this is a sign of things to come, it can only be good for Toronto's future but I am still in shock. lol (a good kind of shock)

The first time buyers program they offered on One Cole was crazy - essentially you get 10% of the purchase price given to you as an interest- and payment-free loan. You don't need to pay it back until you sell the unit - and even then, you only have to repay the loan if the sale price is greater than the purchase price.

Since apparently a significant chunk of what's keeping housing sales going these days is first time buyers, this was probably a very attractive buy.

My understanding is that they are now closer to 90% sold. The market has picked up the last couple months - however it isn't evenly spread, there are a few specific projects that are doing well, while most others are struggling with a couple sales a month on average.

The amount of grey in Regent Park developments is a bit overwhelming. I know this city is obsessed with the colour grey but give me a break.

JULY17-09001.jpg

JULY17-09003.jpg

WOW! Real brick in Regent Park! Even City-place couldn't afford that. When government housing is better made than middle class condos, you know those developers are making a killing.

JULY17-09038.jpg

JULY17-09004.jpg

Last edited:
...yeah but every time we build something with a SLIGHTLY (or even PERCEIVED) tinge of green, everyone bitches. Thus, grey is a nice, safe, modernist colour. :D

...yeah but every time we build something with a SLIGHTLY (or even PERCEIVED) tinge of green, everyone bitches. Thus, grey is a nice, safe, modernist colour. :D

For almost every single building going up in this city? I don't particularly like grey but even if I loved it, I wouldn't want it on practically every new building. How about a little diversity.

At least they're using real red brick! When I saw the first photo I was affraid that they were using the pre-cast fake stuff as was done at the CityPlace building at Spadina and Bremner , Parade, and the new Hilton Garden Inn. I think that Toronto is a brick type of a city, and would love to see more of it used in our high rises, in conjunciton with glass.

I'm pretty sure the Hilton is brick. It's probably a cheap concrete brick though. I actually can't think of too many projects that have used the brick stamped pre-cast panels. Cityplace, Tridel's Icons, Canderel's DNA and maybe one or two more around the downtown.

well, perhaps. but I think that getting different architects to design the buildings in this complex was quite an intelligent move. I think it gives the development a more organic feel even though its all being built in a very short space of time. One of the negatives about CityPlace is that there is too much similarity between buildings and the result is a somewhat sterile / contrived feel to the neighbourhood. Take your pick between these first two towers but I think they play off each other smartly... other than perhaps the mismatched roof elements.

Last edited:
well, perhaps. but I think that getting different architects to design the buildings in this complex was quite an intelligent move. I think it gives the development a more organic feel even though its all being built in a very short space of time. One of the negatives about CityPlace is that there is too much similarity between buildings and the result is a somewhat sterile / contrived feel to the neighbourhood. Take your pick between these first two towers but I think they play off each other smartly... other than perhaps the mismatched roof elements.
I agree with you 100%. I wasn't suggesting that Clewes design all the buildings at Regent Park just, perhaps, that Diamond not design any of them.

Last edited:
IMO, One Cole doesn't even COMPARE to the first phase with the black brick. One Cole isn't hard on the eyes but doesn't look great to me, and the long, book-ended balconies lend a cheap look that reminds me of 60s small lowrise apartment blocks.

I do, however, appreciate that different architects are involved, including different textures, colours, and types of massing.

Back