228     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 442     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

from ofermod at www.flickr.com

3167403052_49b3c4a586_b.jpg

RBC with the Ritz and Shangri-la to boot will look fantastic. I do agree that the Royal York will be missed, but it is the cost of filling in the Gardiner-Waterfront corridor with some much needed density.

the view of royal york will be missed, but hey, the building still exists.

BESIDES, i believe UT members are only so affected by its covering because we are so used to seeing toronto only from this angle. toronto is incredibly photogenic and looks great, even better, from other angles.

i find the island-perspective is attractive but it truly fails to show the depth/density of downtown.

with all these new towers going up in this city, i think new, iconic angles will emerge. after all, when's the last time you heard a new yorker complain about a building being covered in a photo? they don't complain cause new york is photographed from countless angles.

Expecting to see the Royal York from Lake Ontario is like expecting to see the Wrigley Building from Lake Michigan. Given their distances from their respective waterfronts (about the same distance in both cases), it's just not realistic.

Expecting to see the Royal York from Lake Ontario is like expecting to see the Wrigley Building from Lake Michigan. Given their distances from their respective waterfronts (about the same distance in both cases), it's just not realistic.

Yeah i agree,but if the Toronto City Hall was in the same exact location of the Royal York i bet you would still be able to see it.

^^^^

Where is that place exactly???

What happens to it in the winter time? All furniture get's removed?

"9T6" condominiums at 96 St. Patrick St. The furniture stays outside all year - they just cover it up to protect it from the elements.

terrace2.jpg

Is that the public element or someone owns it.

Either way - wow, amazing views!

the view of royal york will be missed, but hey, the building still exists.

BESIDES, i believe UT members are only so affected by its covering because we are so used to seeing toronto only from this angle. toronto is incredibly photogenic and looks great, even better, from other angles.

i find the island-perspective is attractive but it truly fails to show the depth/density of downtown.

with all these new towers going up in this city, i think new, iconic angles will emerge. after all, when's the last time you heard a new yorker complain about a building being covered in a photo? they don't complain cause new york is photographed from countless angles.

3166568613_4d8e57ecee_b.jpg

A view ofermod took from a bit further back.

Welcome to the forum, DAMB...and do keep us informed on any projects you can discuss.......:)

i love the way those renders went out of their way to have the rbc building look as if it mirrors the tapering of the ritz.
there is absolutely no tapering.
except on one north east corner for about eleven storeys.
nice sell job.
though i have to say the cladding on the ritz on the cbc side looks really well done. maybe a real winner in the making.

Back