Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

For the record, this building is about 18 months behind schedule with respect to what I was told when I bought here.

I hate to say it, but an 18-month delay is almost "normal", London on the Espalanade, Murano, West Harbour City ... have all been delayed by about the same length of time.

The 3+ year delay of BSN is anything but normal ...

24 December 2008 photo update

One of the sexiest buildings rising in the city today; is that the new white paint on the transfer floor? Would really seal the deal here, making the building "light."

DSC02063.jpg

From Church Street:
DSC02055.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

The more I look at this one, I feel like it truly is a great piece of modernism.

I am very impressed. The old fathers of modernism would almost be proud! :)

kudos

indeed, this building is turning out very nice. and rising at a great speed.

still, those balconies need to be atleast painted.

can't wait to see how the podium turns out, hopefully it will be stunning, i already love the black brick.

One of the sexiest buildings rising in the city today; is that the new white paint on the transfer floor? Would really seal the deal here, making the building "light."

That's definitely new paint, I didn't see that late last week. Casa continues to impress, right on schedule.

Thanks for the pics, guys. The balcony glass is looking quite sleek. Interesting that they're using thin, snuggly fit panes of glass for this rather than wider pieces.

Very very nice indeed! Hopefully residents will be restricted as to what can be kept outside on the balconies - otherwise the building will end up looking like a cluttered mess!

Thanks for the pics, guys. The balcony glass is looking quite sleek. Interesting that they're using thin, snuggly fit panes of glass for this rather than wider pieces.

Are they actually using thinner pieces vs wider, or is it the railing details giving the impress of shorter?

Hopefully Cresford will make this building look really great.
I'm sure that there's a certain standard they will have to live up to since there's supposed to be an affiliation with Georgio Armani.:)

Hmm. Maybe you're right. Maybe it is just an illusion that they are thin pieces of glass.

Also, regarding the painting of the balconies... how are they supposed to cleanly paint the outer edge of the concrete floor if the glass is snugged up so close?

i don't think any of us are trying to provide any engineering solutions, were merely expressing our hopes for this building.

the renderings were beautiful and the building itself is shaping up nicely. i think many of us or simply hoping it lives up to its stunning potential.

Hmm. Maybe you're right. Maybe it is just an illusion that they are thin pieces of glass.

Also, regarding the painting of the balconies... how are they supposed to cleanly paint the outer edge of the concrete floor if the glass is snugged up so close?

I was looking at the balcony glass on my way by today and they look like thin, individual pieces. The glass looks completely clear also, it appears to have no tint.

Last edited:

I was wondering the same thing. Then I took a look around town and noticed several buildings where the undersides of balconies are painted, but the outer edge of the concrete is not. I'm still hoping the undersides of CASA's balconies will be painted, but I would bet that the outer edge of the concrete will not be. Nonetheless, I'm still very pleased with the way this project is progressing.

painting of balconies

I was wondering the same thing. Then I took a look around town and noticed several buildings where the undersides of balconies are painted, but the outer edge of the concrete is not. I'm still hoping the undersides of CASA's balconies will be painted, but I would bet that the outer edge of the concrete will not be. Nonetheless, I'm still very pleased with the way this project is progressing.

I noticed the same thing today (in the bitter cold). Seems like the building I looked at, behind the CASA sales office, did not paint the face under the glass. I wonder if it has something to do with the heat that would be present with the sun beating down through the glass? I talked to the sales rep there. The penthouse units and the lockers are not available as of yet. They have some deal going on that they will discount the equivalent of 2 years of maintenance fees on any new units sold. Supposedly, this will not affect how much past purchasers will be paying.:confused:

Last edited:

Back