Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

29 December 2008 photo update

What the Yorkville/Bloor-Yonge skyline looked like this afternoon from the westend, with cranes for 100 Yorkville, BSN, Casa rising.

DSC00449.jpg

Thanks, Mike. I've never seen that before. It must be very old as there is no podium.

Also, as to the architects of Casa, there is no reference to Casa on the Aa website, nor on the websites of the architects who apparently took this project over (as per page 1 of this thread). Just thought it curious.

In that rendering, the "hat" roof feature isn't larger than the footprint of the rest of the tower, as shown in the marketing material. Yuck, it ruins the effect entirely.

Casa Condominium Progress, Jan. 11, 2009

They've begun building the outer eastern wall for the extended lobby. I also checked the numbering system on the construction elevators and there is a 13th floor.

Currently they're working on the flooring of the 29th level. 18 more to go. Pics from today.

DSCN4020.jpg

DSCN4024.jpg

DSCN4028.jpg

DSCN4033.jpg

it's nice to see black brick being used more often in this town.

casaguy, once again, do you foresee them painting or covering those exposed balconies in the near future. finger's crossed.

I'm not sure what the history of it is, but I know there's a condo application in for that site. I believe the proposed tower will retain some of the shape of the current building

What's the building in the foreground?? It's very interesting, but could use some serious recladding.

Restoration, not recladding. (Hopefully, the economy will squelch plans for its replacement.)

You can start to see this puppy rising as you drive south on Yonge. I work at St. Clair, well just a little south, and it's quite noticeable nowadays.

Back