News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 881     0 

Waterfront Transit Reset Phase 1 Study

How should Toronto connect the East and West arms of the planned waterfront transit with downtown?

• Expand the existing Union loop

Votes: 200 73.3%
  • Build a Western terminus

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Route service along Queen's Quay with pedestrian/cycle/bus connection to Union

Votes: 28 10.3%
  • Connect using existing Queen's Quay/Union Loop and via King Street

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 16 5.9%

• Total voters
Good info! Are they going to use the existing fleet of the Flexity Outlooks? Any plan to purchase additional vehicles? I assume no plans to use LRT-type, two-sided LRV vehicles?
It will be the same Flexity Outlooks that the TTC currently operates. Asides from the current order of 60 additional streetcars the TTC has on the books, there will be no additional vehicles until there is additional funding in place for a new streetcar barn and new vehicles.

So in other words, dont expect any further fleet expansion for the next ~20 years minimum. We'll be capped at 264 for a long, long time.

Good info! Are they going to use the existing fleet of the Flexity Outlooks? Any plan to purchase additional vehicles? I assume no plans to use LRT-type, two-sided LRV vehicles?
Same cars.

One hopes over the next 25 years that TTC looks at moving to dual end cars as it would reduce the land use for some loops, offer better turn around when there is problems on the line even though it will mean a lost of seats. Also reduce the squealing noise that is commonly complain about since the radius is too narrow.

TTC could have 2 type of fleet like other systems as well a 3rd one with longer cars for 2/3 lines.

Greetings,

Waterfront Toronto, the City of Toronto and the TTC are hosting a virtual public meeting on April 5th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. The first half of the meeting will provide updates on the Waterfront East LRT, and in the second half of the meeting the project team will answer questions and hear feedback on the materials presented.

The presentation will include updates on:

A summary of feedback from previous consultations;

Design Updates for:

Segment 1 (Underground works and Bay Street),

Segment 2 (Queens Quay East);

Segment 3 (Cherry Street and Villiers Island);

Updated Project Phasing and Implementation;

An Update on the Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP), constructability assessment, and business case.

Is there an actual timeline for the construction now, with funding?
You may hear a date tonight, but no timeline exist today when it will happen other that a backend timeframe window.

1680721436981.png

I thought that they wanted to lengthen the platforms at Queens Quay so that it can support 2 Flexities back to back, but I guess that's no longer the plan?

Also, some of the renders makes it seem like the stations will have level boarding. Actual plan or overzealous artist?

View attachment 466742
I thought that they wanted to lengthen the platforms at Queens Quay so that it can support 2 Flexities back to back, but I guess that's no longer the plan?

Also, some of the renders makes it seem like the stations will have level boarding. Actual plan or overzealous artist?
There is no level boarding for this station as well Union and that should be raise tonight as there should be. As for 2 cars, you got me on that one as I can't recall if it was stated at this time and will let someone else here if they recall that. If there was to be 2, cut back to save money at this time and goes along with the comments that the station will be upgraded at some future date.

... is it odd that the T is actually a Y and there is no thorough track to bypass the underground portion ?

Is there an actual timeline for the construction now, with funding?
I dont mean to laugh at you directly (i'm just laughing at how the city approaches this whole laughing stock of a mismanaged project), but dont get your hopes up on a concrete timeline anytime soon. There are too many things up in the air with respects to the Ontario Line phasing/construction, and funding for this project (where the city will find the money) to the point that any timelines that are given now would just be moving posts.

Which is exactly why I dont plan to waste time listening to anything that's said at the meeting because 50% of it will be automatically useless. But it will be good to see any other cute renderings they've come up with, along with construction impacts.

There is no level boarding for this station as well Union and that should be raise tonight as there should be. As for 2 cars, you got me on that one as I can't recall if it was stated at this time and will let someone else here if they recall that. If there was to be 2, cut back to save money at this time and goes along with the comments that the station will be upgraded at some future date.
1680732027488.png

This is one of the diagrams that was presented back in 2021 (I'm not sure if this is the newest version, I just looked up Steve Munro's article). It clearly shows room for 2 streetcars and an emergency crossing in the middle (the video shows the crossing on the southern end).

View attachment 466763
This is one of the diagrams that was presented back in 2021 (I'm not sure if this is the newest version, I just looked up Steve Munro's article). It clearly shows room for 2 streetcars and an emergency crossing in the middle (the video shows the crossing on the southern end).
You are correct,

Back