Toronto The Rosedale on Bloor | 185.92m | 55s | Gupta | Arcadis

My jaw dropped when I saw it slapped onto the façade. It's impressively gaudy and reminiscent of the typography Swiss Chalet deployed in the 1980s (maybe earlier, idk I wasn't around then).

View attachment 456581
I loved that Swiss Chalet. Absolute fire font too.
I cant imagine the cheapo doors are permanent. Especially considering the hotel is charging only 20% less per night than the Hazelton.

From the proportions of the design I'd assume a revolving door like the one at Ace Hotels will eventually be installed.
Doubtful. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Today:

PXL_20230321_212235488.jpg

If I drove a Rolls or G-wagon, I probably wouldn't be staying in this particulary hotel but... I digress

View attachment 463243
Their base rate for a 1 king with no desirable view is in the $380/night range, if you're looking for anything better you're quickly getting into the $400+ and even $500+/night range.

In July the cheapest room is over $550/night, I think you have to have a Range Rover just to get in the front door haha

Their base rate for a 1 king with no desirable view is in the $380/night range, if you're looking for anything better you're quickly getting into the $400+ and even $500+/night range.

In July the cheapest room is over $550/night, I think you have to have a Range Rover just to get in the front door haha

Yep, The prices are ridiculous, it's basically mid-level hotel. It aint the Ritz. Toronto must have the most expensive hotel rooms in the world. You can stay at a Canopy Hotel in downtown Chicago for about $160 a night.

Toronto is like NY years ago. Big city with very few hotels. Now NYC built more hotels the prices have come down a lot compared to what they used to be.

Yep, The prices are ridiculous, it's basically mid-level hotel. It aint the Ritz. Toronto must have the most expensive hotel rooms in the world. You can stay at a Canopy Hotel in downtown Chicago for about $160 a night.

Toronto is like NY years ago. Big city with very few hotels. Now NYC built more hotels the prices have come down a lot compared to what they used to be.
Lol what? I just checked a random weekend in May and it’s $441 for the Chicago Canopy. The Toronto Canopy for the same weekend is $401.

Hotel prices are just nuts in general right now, particularly in North America. They’ve probably increased almost 50% from pre pandemic. It’s hard to find a 3 star hotel in a major US City downtown for less than $400 a night right now. It’s nuts.

Lol what? I just checked a random weekend in May and it’s $441 for the Chicago Canopy. The Toronto Canopy for the same weekend is $401.

Hotel prices are just nuts in general right now, particularly in North America. They’ve probably increased almost 50% from pre pandemic. It’s hard to find a 3 star hotel in a major US City downtown for less than $400 a night right now. It’s nuts.

I just searched early April, but that can all change in a few days. Hotel prices are such a yo-yo. You're right it's impossible to find a hotel under 400 a night, i feel sorry for anyone wanting a summer vacation, high hotel prices, plus high airfare, plus higher food costs, makes for one expensive summer vacation!

If I drove a Rolls or G-wagon, I probably wouldn't be staying in this particulary hotel but... I digress

View attachment 463243
I doubt they are staying at the hotel (how many tourists drive to Toronto in a Rolls-Royce or G-Wagon?) . Could be locals from nearby Rosedale checking out the restaurant inside which looks very nice based on pictures posted above in this thread or perhaps family members of the developer the Gupta-Group.

Back