News   Mar 28, 2024
 4     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 527     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 338     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

I went nearby Willow brook to try to see if it was visible, did not see it so it’s very likely inside the shops getting the final preparations done in order to allow it to lead trains.
Did you look in VIA yard as a lot of GO new and rebuilt equipment end up there if there is no room in Willowbrook yard?? Seen a fair number of the 300's cab cars there as well the new locomotives over the years including coaches.

Getting shots of the west end is not easy or seeing what there unless you are on a train.

Did you look in VIA yard as a lot of GO new and rebuilt equipment end up there if there is no room in Willowbrook yard?? Seen a fair number of the 300's cab cars there as well the new locomotives over the years including coaches.

Getting shots of the west end is not easy or seeing what there unless you are on a train.
I will admit that the position of the sun made it hard to view from the west end, and I did not really look at the VIA side of the yard.

From the pictures I took at the GO side of the yard I could not see it.
IMG_13111.jpg
IMG_13101.jpg
IMG_13091.jpg

I will admit that the position of the sun made it hard to view from the west end, and I did not really look at the VIA side of the yard.

From the pictures I took at the GO side of the yard I could not see it.
View attachment 441646View attachment 441647View attachment 441648
You have to be on the east side of the bridge toward the south end to see where GO equipment has been store or waiting to go into Cad Railway Industries bays part of VIA complex.
25653637312_d6c2592f0e_b.jpg

47392983352_590707630e_b.jpg

Don't bother looking too hard at the VIA side of the yard to see GO equipment there. Since the opening of the Whitby maintenance facility, Bombardier (now Alstom) is no longer leasing space from VIA in their shops.

CAD does still repaint cars over in their paint booth, but that doesn't happen all that often nowadays.

Dan

$18.5 million contract to repaint trains (bi-levels and other equipment) awarded to Sygma Coating. Sounds like a lot of stuff is getting new paint.

There was a tender call issued back in July.

The original rebranding of ML equipment began in what - 2016 ? Much of the old green and white is ready for repainting, and the commitment to not repaint faster than necessary has been honoured to a substantial degree. Maybe it’s time to let the green and white scheme, er, fade away.

Rail buffs love paint schemes … maybe it’s time someone should be making their pitch for a “heritage locomotive”. Blue and white on an MP54 ?

- Paul

There was a tender call issued back in July.

The original rebranding of ML equipment began in what - 2016 ? Much of the old green and white is ready for repainting, and the commitment to not repaint faster than necessary has been honoured to a substantial degree. Maybe it’s time to let the green and white scheme, er, fade away.

Rail buffs love paint schemes … maybe it’s time someone should be making their pitch for a “heritage locomotive”. Blue and white on an MP54 ?

- Paul
Most of the old coaches are already extremely faded; not a good look for GO, I'm looking forward to (hopefully) all the coaches getting repainted into the new livery. GO should not consider a heritage livery on an MP54 until all the MP40's are repainted, it's not necessary right now.

Most of the old coaches are already extremely faded; not a good look for GO, I'm looking forward to (hopefully) all the coaches getting repainted into the new livery. GO should not consider a heritage livery on an MP54 until all the MP40's are repainted, it's not necessary right now.
Would love a heritage livery on one of the new diesels that will arrive over the next few years. Also, wonder if the F59s are getting the new livery?

Back