News   Apr 16, 2024
 229     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.4K     5 

TTC: Streetcar Network

Always best to date photos posted on UT if not shot on the posting date - less confusion!
I have almost 3 month back log of photos that need to be fix, tag, number and uploaded to my site to be post on the day of shot. Only post phots that are unedited from my commuter as needed these days

I have almost 3 month back log of photos that need to be fix, tag, number and uploaded to my site to be post on the day of shot. Only post phots that are unedited from my commuter as needed these days
That's fine but if you want your photos to be useful you need to say when they were taken. Posting old photos with no dates is really not very helpful in assessing progress on projects.

That's fine but if you want your photos to be useful you need to say when they were taken. Posting old photos with no dates is really not very helpful in assessing progress on projects.
Normally I post date and not sure why I didn't do for that photo

The new 'permanent' concrete base for the streetcar tracks has now been poured on last block of Wellington - Yonge to Scott. I assume they will start laying rail over the weekend.

IMG_1026[1].JPG

Sept 10
Ties and rail laying on top of the new track base on Wellington today and crew setting up to splice the new rail to the existing ones on the east end.

Lot of hydro work still needs to be done as well cambers for it before rest of the new sidewalk can be pour.

Black street poles being installed for street lights as well for the OS.

Based on Yonge St Stop, I guess Bay and York corners will be rebuilt for the new streetcars stops.
133A2115.JPG
133A2116.JPG
133A2124.JPG
133A2125.JPG
133A2126.JPG

Sept 10
Ties and rail laying on top of the new track base on Wellington today and crew setting up to splice the new rail to the existing ones on the east end.

Lot of hydro work still needs to be done as well cambers for it before rest of the new sidewalk can be pour.

Black street poles being installed for street lights as well for the OS.

Based on Yonge St Stop, I guess Bay and York corners will be rebuilt for the new streetcars stops.
View attachment 426258View attachment 426259View attachment 426260View attachment 426261View attachment 426262
The tall black poles are for streetlights only. The TTC overhead is going on different poles (currently piled up on Front). As there is only one track, there will be poles only on north side of the street. Pity to have extra poles but maybe compensated by having them only on north side.

Back