News   Mar 28, 2024
 181     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Intercity Bus Services

Probably cost you money to use the platform. Loading on the street is free as long as you have a license to operate in that municipality/jurisdiction.

Highway 407 terminal is a lot better than VMC because of the direct GO bus and Ontario Northland links. TOK has paid GO Transit for many years for loading even at the old Union Station bus terminal (where it was the only non-GO operator), so I don't get why it wouldn't now. Apart from a free loading area, VMC only has a direct Brampton Transit connection, which doesn't really matter as it has one of those at Pearson.

Highway 407 terminal is a lot better than VMC because of the direct GO bus and Ontario Northland links. TOK has paid GO Transit for many years for loading even at the old Union Station bus terminal (where it was the only non-GO operator), so I don't get why it wouldn't now. Apart from a free loading area, VMC only has a direct Brampton Transit connection, which doesn't really matter as it has one of those at Pearson.
Likely cost cutting. Probably due to low ridership.

Likely cost cutting. Probably due to low ridership.
I've taken both of those routes and there weren't many people on them. I took the one to Lindsey when it was operated by CAN-AR in 2019and there were maybe at most 10 to 15 people on board the bus, I only took it one way as the schedule didn't work out for the return to Toronto so I took a Go bus from Peterborough to the Go train instead. In 2020 I used the one from Union station to Port Elgin and again it wasn't very full for most of the trip it also stopped in some very odd places too.

I've taken both of those routes and there weren't many people on them. I took the one to Lindsey when it was operated by CAN-AR in 2019and there were maybe at most 10 to 15 people on board the bus, I only took it one way as the schedule didn't work out for the return to Toronto so I took a Go bus from Peterborough to the Go train instead. In 2020 I used the one from Union station to Port Elgin and again it wasn't very full for most of the trip it also stopped in some very odd places too.
They had some drivers based out of Minden and maybe they have retired or moved on requiring them to dead head or change the schedule.

I updated my Ontario Intercity transit map with the two new services (Milton's connection to Lisgar GO and Windsor-Amherstburg) and the new TOK Coach routes. Sadly, there's little else worth noting for Labour Day Weekend.

St. Thomas is still cut off from the rest of the world, and Transit Windsor's refusal to operate the Tunnel Bus (blaming the ArriveCan app) creates a major disconnection, as there's no legal pedestrian access across the Detroit River, or the St. Clair River except at Walpole Island - Algonac.

Screenshot_2022-10-13_090940.jpg

And that’s the end of KW-Hamilton transit service… again. This really needs to be picked up by GO; someone who can operate enough buses for long enough to generate and soak up the demand that exists here.

And that’s the end of KW-Hamilton transit service… again. This really needs to be picked up by GO; someone who can operate enough buses for long enough to generate and soak up the demand that exists here.
Why doesn't HSR make a deal to Run buses along HWY 6 to Guelph?

Why doesn't HSR make a deal to Run buses along HWY 6 to Guelph?
Because HSR probably doesn’t care. Each municipality is apathetic in this whole situation. However, I will reach out and ask about the possibility- I could see a partnership between GRT, Guelph and HSR to operate an hourly service via hwy 7/6.

Back