Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

April 03
All the rails and ties pull on the northside of the Lake Shore.

Not sure how much further west where the new retaining wall will go compare to where the 2nd steel bridge sat the was further west of the rail bridge.

All the dirt under the Commissioner St bridge have bee removed that you can see the footings for all the pier support as well the ends now.

When did the South Cherry St get place as they are pouring concrete road for the north end. No idea if the south end been pour as well the rest, but black protection on end sections.

A new lane has been pave and strip as one lane on the north side of Polson Pier.

The area at Polson Pier Rd has been trim drown to a few feet different between all existing roads.

Going out on the limb and on the line I thought would happen last year, I don't seeing the New Cherry St opening in Aug as plan.

We still have a shipping day as to when the North Cherry St Bridge to be ship as well another 7-8 days shipping time and a day to place it. Will the bridge be place on the bearing or support first and then lower into place?? Then there is the pouring of the bridge deck, paving of the new road as well having the new Lake Shore/Cherry St built.

Photos to follow sometime this week

I was wondering what is foot clearance underneath each new bridge being installed or renovated? Could a one level tourist boat or taxi boat pass underneath it? Because it would be great to create something like The Loop waterway in Chicago but more organic. All done up with a designer sound barrier walls to tone traffic noises down etc. With boulders, flagstone and interlocking path lighted up etc. That houses aquatic and other plant life etc that you can walk and ride through . That travels up to the River Dale park possibly to the Brick Works area and back to the Portlands area etc. Creating a nice visual entrance to the Lower Don lands driving south on the DVP. Which now gives a bad eyesore impression coming to the downtown core lol.

Too manicured and contrived for my tastes. We've been trying to re-naturalize the Don for years and that would just be like converting it into Disneyland.
I'm talking about tying in the new lower Don waterway project with this one. All cleaned up looking simular to that with a little taste of the Trillium Park from Ontario Place organic feel look. With a nice precast stone retaining wall look growing some ivy plants on it. That will dampen the traffic noise and view of passing vehicles from the existing and new proposed walk paths. That will travel at least up to River Dale park sounds pretty nice in my opinion. The Loop in Chicago has a more of a formal look than this one will lol!

I'm talking about tying in the new lower Don waterway project with this one. All cleaned up looking simular to that with a little taste of the Trillium Park from Ontario Place organic feel look. With a nice precast stone retaining wall look growing some ivy plants on it. That will dampen the traffic noise and view of passing vehicles from the existing and new proposed walk paths. That will travel at least up to River Dale park sounds pretty nice in my opinion. The Loop in Chicago has a more of a formal look than this one will lol!
The whole point is to not have a formal look. A natural ecosystem (to me) looks better than landscaped parks. This being Toronto, we'd probably pave it over with a giant lawn.

I think this would be the first obstruction after lake shore looking north.
What is this clearance? Say 6’ on this day?

Water levels any higher and you might get stuck and any lower you might hit bottom a little further upstream.

F5633F0E-AE8E-42AE-B74C-148CBFE4824F.jpeg

Looking south.
A875BD60-28EA-48E3-A834-405D7019B63E.jpeg

I think this would be the first obstruction after lakeshore looking north.

Water levels any higher and you might get stuck and any lower you might hit bottom a little further upstream.

View attachment 390043
Looking south.
View attachment 390044
Unfortunately, taking boats up the river is an impossibility but I would like to see a widening of the recreational trail under the rail bridge.

There will be a weir and debris booms near the future sediment management area so I am not sure how navigable the river will be anyways.

AoD

They should change all the old bridges and put in the same new modern ones that are slim to past boots through as seen in the photos up above. All the way up to River Dale park keeping the same theme!

I think this would be the first obstruction after lake shore looking north.

View attachment 390043
Looking south.
View attachment 390044

80cm clearance. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Back