Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

We're pretty much on the same page here @DSC. The problem is: if the owner (or property management company) is profiting/benefiting from whatever the composition of the Board of Directors is, and if that very Board is not following the rules, they have 0 incentive to contact the CAO (or Co-operative Housing Federation for Co-Ops which pretty much has very little teeth) and they'll just sit back with absolutely no involvement.

This is why the government needs to streghten the rules, because there are literally hundreds of abysmal condo owners and property management firms in this city, and they can just get away with doing absolutely nothing while rules are continuously broken.
Of course some Ice owners may like the current situation but those who don't have recourse to the CAO.
They just need to DO something. If the majority of owners are satisfied with things as they are, I suppose that's their right and others may want to sell.

I'm surprised the Auditor General's report received zero attention.
Of course when everyone is so heavily invested in the same Ponzi scheme..

It’s BlogTO (I know) but it’s also written by Jack Landau and no one else has mentioned it yet: Ïce has given in to Airbnb, and is more or less officially a ghost hotel.

Lovely looking pair of buildings on the outside, but this place sounds atrocious in every way from the inside.

The condo board here has pretty much signed off on completely ruining the building; asides from investors I have no idea who in their right mind would consider buying or renting in this place.

Lovely looking pair of buildings on the outside, but this place sounds atrocious in every way from the inside.

The condo board here has pretty much signed off on completely ruining the building; asides from investors I have no idea who in their right mind would consider buying or renting in this place.

Yep. love the outside. Inside it's a giant seedy 2 star motel. From what i have heard from people who used to live at ICE the condo is basically a vertical red light district! lol

It’s BlogTO (I know) but it’s also written by Jack Landau and no one else has mentioned it yet: Ïce has given in to Airbnb, and is more or less officially a ghost hotel.

How is this legal? It's build as a condo for people to live in, it's not a commercial hotel. Airbnb is such a plague on our housing market.

Back