Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
4A813750-7B12-46F4-8C59-1573881F95B0.jpeg
8F2D3DB0-1EDD-44D9-A3ED-EB0771BCD469.jpeg

Is there a reason besides cost why the rail decking between the north and south towers was made so narrow. The east side shows that this park could easily have been double the size. Or will that be done once the north tower rises?
I think aesthetics, and also the designers felt that the park at that size would be enough for the site. You wouldn't want it to become a public park, keeping it small keeps it to the office workers.

I think aesthetics, and also the designers felt that the park at that size would be enough for the site. You wouldn't want it to become a public park, keeping it small keeps it to the office workers.
They're spending a lot to get people up to the park from the north and south sides, I don't think what you're claiming is true at all: it's simply that building it larger will cost more.

And you're sending people to the Renx story because it doesn't have the new renders that ours does?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2021/0...hines-celebrate-start-cibc-square-north-tower

Last edited:
Looks like they are much more tight on space on this side of the development.

Looks like they are much more tight on space on this side of the development.

Which is why this set of towers will run perpendicular to the others. Plenty of room East/West for this second phase, whereas the south lot had more room North/South.

I wonder when the CIBC logo will be added. Has CIBC given any indications of their pending rebrand? I imagine they'll do a rebrand across all branches and buildings, not just these towers, so it's probably dependant on that larger effort rather than awaiting the completion of the first phase.

I think from BJT's photo the building would qualify as finished. I believe this office tower maintains the tradition of fine build quality and architectural excellence this city has benefited from with its principle core office towers. A fine addition to the skyline and one of Toronto's most unsightly parking lots gone to boot.

Which is why this set of towers will run perpendicular to the others. Plenty of room East/West for this second phase, whereas the south lot had more room North/South.

I wonder when the CIBC logo will be added. Has CIBC given any indications of their pending rebrand? I imagine they'll do a rebrand across all branches and buildings, not just these towers, so it's probably dependant on that larger effort rather than awaiting the completion of the first phase.
Thank you, you answered the question I almost asked but couldn't quite figure out the proper wording lol.

Pandemic put a hold on many marketing spends - the rebrand was very likely pushed back several months, complicating the logo install on CIBC square.

Back