Toronto Rezen Condos | ?m | 13s | Times Group | Robert Chang

This building is better than the amount of attention we have been paying to it. While not flashy at all, it fits with the neighbourhood, and will enliven it with all its vast expanses of glass, through which the warm glow of indoor lighting will soon pour out over the street scape.

This was my first timing biking/photo journeying through this part of town (For some reason I usually stay west of Jarvis). I have to admit that I took a lot more than 2 photos of this one and was really impressed with the materials used. And I'm specifically referring to the bricks and the brick pattern.

Rezen accomplishes a lot with its brick work and it goes to show that this one would look amazing in place of Neo at CP. They both attempt the same thing but the difference in materials/design is stricking.

Neo V. Rezen
Scroll----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

2289996550_2d1368d58e_b.jpg
2522959262_e536a63c09_b.jpg

This building is better than the amount of attention we have been paying to it. While not flashy at all, it fits with the neighbourhood, and will enliven it with all its vast expanses of glass, through which the warm glow of indoor lighting will soon pour out over the street scape.

In addition to the George Brown expansion across the street on the North:

http://www.georgebrown.ca/yeschef/300_adelaide.aspx

and the Chef School and restaurant to the South:

http://www.georgebrown.ca/yeschef/215_construction.aspx

The area around the vicinity of Frederick Street is certainly changing.

Of Particular note, the condo south of the 215 King East building (the Chef School) on Frederick Street have been renovating their balcony railings. They drilled out the iron railings and it is currently bare. Not sure what they are replacing it with.

You can see it from this photo in the London on the Esplanade thread:

2498815132_a2e0f63ce0_b.jpg

I agree. Rezen almost looks better than Mozo. Or maybe slightly better?

I'd love to see hundred's of Rezen scaled/styled buildings lining the "avenues" of Toronto, the infill areas etc.

I once got into an argument with Filip over what colour of red brick I like: Rezen red is perfect!

I'd love to see hundred's of Rezen scaled/styled buildings lining the "avenues" of Toronto, the infill areas etc.

I once got into an argument with Filip over what colour of red brick I like: Rezen red is perfect!

Oh yea... vs Yorkvillian red.. haha

Mozo wins in my book because the retail space is better. Love the high ceilings and the multi-levels.

May 28

2532141047_26505008b5_b.jpg

2532956018_2675e631e1_b.jpg

and This little doozy across the street right on adelaide, and i have NO idea what it is.... help please?

2532138635_e63b9d120c_b.jpg

any ideas...?

Neo versus Rezen

My vote would be for Rezen.

Rezen fits right in while Neo occupies.

While I generally like the scale, what I don't like about Rezen is that the south side of the top set back portion, isn't really a set back, and it's brick straight up.

Having seen it from many angles, IMHO it makes it look real heavy and awkward.

It alters the render from the website, which implies a glass, and even set back through out.

Also as previously mentioned, the retail will be the same cubby hole bunker retail mistakes at Abbey Lane lofts and Kings Court.

FYI, the balcony railings at the Federick condo have started to be installed. Glass and metal rail. Actually looks similar to Rezens balconies.

I prefer Rezen as well and blame the city and their obsession with height for the low ceiling height on the ground floor.

While I generally like the scale, what I don't like about Rezen is that the south side of the top set back portion, isn't really a set back, and it's brick straight up.

I actually like that part of the project. Breaks up what otherwise is a simple box.

Back