News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 521     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

November 2020 US Election

CNN has its own biases but for anyone to claim Fox News and CNN are on the same level when it comes to propaganda is bewildering. This is equivalent to Trump’s “good people on both sides”
I hope I havent given that impression. That Fox is rubbish propaganda doesn't give CNN the excuse to stop investigatiive journalism.

Yea. I mean I think CNN is OK if you just block out the overboard theatrics. Fox is complete trash from top to bottom.

The Problem is that CNN is overboard all the time.

They have "experts" and "panels" for everything along with multiple crews in the thick of things causing problems for effect (they were consistently trying to talk to protestors during the recent protests).

CNN was great during the 90s but now it is nothing more than a overblown theater show.

It is a systemic problem with the US media though. Straight news doesn't sell but watching people blow stuff up or hyping up a pandemic to sound like the one of the 4 horsemen does.

Let's compare two extremely popular news sources on user-generated websites according to Media Bias/Fact Check:

Facebook News

Wikipedia

Guess which one is more balanced.
I have zero expectations that anything that is user-generated would be free of bias, no more than I expect UT to be.

The Problem is that CNN is overboard all the time.

They have "experts" and "panels" for everything along with multiple crews in the thick of things causing problems for effect (they were consistently trying to talk to protestors during the recent protests).

CNN was great during the 90s but now it is nothing more than a overblown theater show.

It is a systemic problem with the US media though. Straight news doesn't sell but watching people blow stuff up or hyping up a pandemic to sound like the one of the 4 horsemen does.

I mean, this is the world we live in. I don't see anything wrong with having multiple news crews and panels as long as the information is accurate. They bombard us with the same shit over and over again but every 24 hour news channel does that.

Now Fox is on a whole other level of garbage and weird how CNN is getting more flack than Fox. They're both biased but one is taking part in destroying the world getting people killed....the other has too many biased experts? I'd take the latter ay day of the week.

I mean, this is the world we live in. I don't see anything wrong with having multiple news crews and panels as long as the information is accurate. They bombard us with the same shit over and over again but every 24 hour news channel does that.

Now Fox is on a whole other level of garbage and weird how CNN is getting more flack than Fox. They're both biased but one is taking part in destroying the world getting people killed....the other has too many biased experts? I'd take the latter ay day of the week.

I try to get the news from different news media. Print, online, radio, (Ouija board, chicken bones,) and TV. Always CONFIRM a report by checking the other sources.

I don’t have Fox News and I couldn’t find any coverage of the Trump rally. It’s an odd thing, CNN sends their reporters to cover the rally, but once it starts, nothing but a few sound bites. This is why the right complains about the MSM.

I am happy that CNN and others have stopped covering the rallies. It was ridiculous in 2016. They covered an empty podium at one point. The excessive coverage of Trump is what got him elected.

I have to think that incumbency is a strong advantage for any Dem politician right now.

She's a Democrat running in a district that covers Queens and the Bronx.

It's not that Democratic politicians are safe. It's that a Democrat running in New York City is like a Republican running in Mississippi. Only risk is from your primary. Which is exactly why she such a tool who endlessly attacks others Democrats. No different than the Tea Party crowd of a few years back.

CNN has its own biases but for anyone to claim Fox News and CNN are on the same level when it comes to propaganda is bewildering. This is equivalent to Trump’s “good people on both sides”

News has become entertainment but so has politics. It is all garbage.

Ever so often I will try to watch something on Fox News. Their main newscasters are fine. It's the talk show hosts like Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson that are just batshit crazy.

The real problem is that Fox News is played in every place where men and seniors congregate in the US. I've heard/seen it at the Post Office, barber shop, gym, diners in the US. I've actually seen Fox News on TV in public places in the US more often than I have CNN believe it or not. The only place I've seen CNN is hotels and airports.

While I agree that CNN is better than FOX, in the end, it's just the lesser of two evils.

Both sides, rather than finding common ground, have been causing divides in society. It has causes some people's life to revolve around their political beliefs, and eventually it's just: "You either support our side or you're a _________"

I dislike people that keep trying to hate the other side, rather than finding stuff to agree on.

People that have different political beliefs than me aren't the worst, it's the people that won't accept the truth even when presented with pure facts, simply because of their political beliefs.

I personally like finding things I agree with from the other side, rather than just non-stop bashing, which causes nothing except more polarization.

Honestly? Part of me hopes the Supreme Court approves it. Maybe that will teach apathetic American voters that elections have consequences.

If mass deaths at 100x the toll of 9/11 doesn't convince the rest of them, nothing will. My guess is that whole MAGA/2A/Jesus crowd fundamentally doesn't care whether the US is a democracy - what they want is any system that will consolidate and ring fence their hold on power. A meaningless performative vote every 4 years would suit them just fine. Just look at the degree to which blatant electoral malfeasance is being cheered upon and practiced - these are not what anyone with a love for democracy can ever condone.

While I agree that CNN is better than FOX, in the end, it's just the lesser of two evils.

Both sides, rather than finding common ground, have been causing divides in society. It has causes some people's life to revolve around their political beliefs, and eventually it's just: "You either support our side or you're a _________"

I dislike people that keep trying to hate the other side, rather than finding stuff to agree on.

People that have different political beliefs than me aren't the worst, it's the people that won't accept the truth even when presented with pure facts, simply because of their political beliefs.

I personally like finding things I agree with from the other side, rather than just non-stop bashing, which causes nothing except more polarization.

Sometimes there are fundamental, irreconcilable differences that cannot, and should not be bridged - you don't try and find common ground with white supremacists in this day and age; you don't try and find common ground with someone who insist that the Earth is flat and that the government is trying to convince you otherwise, etc.

AoD

Last edited:

Back