News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.4K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Montréal Transit Developments

I assume there'd be no chance CDPQi could pull off a similar REM-style project in the GTA anytime soon? Put up 50% of the initial bill, and responsible for everything from design, project timeline, stations, rolling stock, ownership to operating it as a separate network. At least that way there's real financial incentive from third party owner/investor to get shovels in the ground breaking the current transit portfolio cycle in the GTA. Too much to ask? :)
Probably not, as a large focus is investing in Quebec.

That's not really true. Rail-wise, CDPQ/ CDPQ Infra has invested in the Canada Line in Vancouver and is trying to invest in an LRT in Auckland.

I heard they offered something to the Wynne government but got rejected. (don't have any evidence of that though)
You could say they built on experience with the Canada line and essentially did all planning for REM compared to Vancouver situation. But I don't see them investing in GO unless it's completely their terms.

Metrolinx just follows what the Ministery tells it to. So they won't be able to do anything if a top-down decision came down to privatize one of the lines like what they did with the REM.

You could say they built on experience with the Canada line and essentially did all planning for REM compared to Vancouver situation. But I don't see them investing in GO unless it's completely their terms.

This is a cultural difference between Quebecors and Ontario.

Less NIMBYS there, they have a big sense of pride of their province and its an "all for one, one for all" kind of mentality. Anything that makes Quebec better than the rest of Canada they are for :p

This is a cultural difference between Quebecors and Ontario.

Less NIMBYS there, they have a big sense of pride of their province and its an "all for one, one for all" kind of mentality. Anything that makes Quebec better than the rest of Canada they are for :p
Why couldn't we import that from Montreal during the Quiet Revolution too? :(

Back