Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

Embarrassment? I think that's a tad dramatic. I mean it's a boring rectangular box, a few lines thrown in to give it character. But overall it's just infill, nothing amazing, nothing horrible.

This is definitely NOT an infill
It is right at probably the most trafficked sports corner in Canada. It is BIG, BOLD, BLAND, BORING, and damn right BOXY with absolutely NO architectural merits.
It's atrociously disappointing because the amount of money spent could have produced something spectacular

Embarrassment? I think that's a tad dramatic. I mean it's a boring rectangular box, a few lines thrown in to give it character. But overall it's just infill, nothing amazing, nothing horrible.

You took the words out of my mouth. It’s boring but it’s certainly not ugly. Not every building in the city is going to be jaw dropping. At least this adds some reflective properties to mirror its surroundings and fills in the street level to significantly improve the pedestrian experience on Bremner and on York. Boring? Yes, but I’ll take it.

Judging by the images, there doesn't appear to a lot of active commercial usage at street level. I also find the details a downgrade from Southcore across the street I'm disappointed.

Sunday.

DSC_0347.JPG
DSC_0348.JPG
DSC_0349.JPG
DSC_0350.JPG
DSC_0354.JPG
DSC_0356.JPG
DSC_0357.JPG

Thanks for the photos but a mind numbingly dull building. On a more positive note at least it's not unrefined and primitive like that residential next to it. And what to do with that clunker, Skydome? It was never attractive but how do we fix it? Will we get overhead wiring buried and nice lamp posts now that this strip is built out?

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos but a mind numbingly dull building. On a more positive note at least it's not unrefined and primitive like that residential next to it. And what to do with that clunker, Skydome? It was never attractive but how do we fix it? Will we get overhead wiring buried and nice lamp posts now that this strip is built out?
Would be nice to have Scotia Bank take over and do a nice exterior reno.
Maybe also add a zip line from end to end.

Who cares. It's just a filler building. Once it's complete, it will give South Core a final sense of completion.

Back