News   May 06, 2024
 404     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 726     0 

Montréal Transit Developments

Gosh I'd love some maps showing what you guys are talking about...i haven't a clue as im not familiar with Montreal

Gosh I'd love some maps showing what you guys are talking about...i haven't a clue as im not familiar with Montreal

I know right, I keep hearing about all these new REM lines: to Laval, to Chambly, to Montreal Est/Point Aux Trembles and yet I have no idea where these lines are actually going to have stops located.

One thing that strikes me as most odd, is the line from Metro Radisson to CEGEP Marie Victorian. Why not just extend the Blue Line northeast from Anjou to serve that area since that expansion is about to go online already?

I know right, I keep hearing about all these new REM lines: to Laval, to Chambly, to Montreal Est/Point Aux Trembles and yet I have no idea where these lines are actually going to have stops located.

One thing that strikes me as most odd, is the line from Metro Radisson to CEGEP Marie Victorian. Why not just extend the Blue Line northeast from Anjou to serve that area since that expansion is about to go online already?
Costs, the REM should connect at the future Anjou Blue line station anyways. The REM is about 45M$ per km instead of 900M$...

This is looking like the future REM Line B proposal, but the Lachine section extended to the airport. The white branches would replace the East part of the Pink Line.

I suspect the CDPQi wants to go to the airport from the South of the Island to ask the government for the Vaudreuil EXO Line to end at a future Dorval station. The Turcot interchange project nearly done, it would be easier to build.

I can see the Vaudreuil Line being abandonned in a decade, as the bridge replacement for Highway 40 to Vaudreuil will be built to handle REM trains, even it will carry buses in the meantime.
1774E49A-4405-462D-9FDD-60386DC036F3.jpeg.63ce71be840bccf066b35a6caf9ef01a.jpg

Last edited:

I love how a Toronto based forum is the best place for public transit information in Montreal ?.
I tried mtlurb but it’s not as active; at least not for the REM. And Montreal-based news sites only seem to talk about the short term mitigation measures for current train users, the lack of parking at the different stations, or how this whole project is just a massive real estate project designed by corrupt politicians. People here seem to forget the CDPQ manages our pensions so their success is good for us.

I love how a Toronto based forum is the best place for public transit information in Montreal ?.
I tried mtlurb but it’s not as active; at least not for the REM. And Montreal-based news sites only seem to talk about the short term mitigation measures for current train users, the lack of parking at the different stations, or how this whole project is just a massive real estate project designed by corrupt politicians. People here seem to forget the CDPQ manages our pensions so their success is good for us.
As a moderator for mtlurb, how can you say it's not active? It has a full subforum for it and most active users there on transit are here also. https://mtlurb.com/forum/59-reseau-express-metropolitain/

I tried mtlurb but it’s not as active; at least not for the REM.

Mtlurb has, as of now, 956 pages of posts about the REM just in its main post, plus many other subtopics for each specific station and sub-segment of the project.

Good point guys. I overlooked the main thread (probably thought it was an ad) and was talking about the sub forums. The sub forums aren’t as active.
I’ll check that one out more closely now!

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2020/01/29/le-terme-ligne-rose-a-disparu [French]
"Regional metropolitan transport authority: the term "pink line" has disappeared"
Here's the blog's take on the subject. https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canada...s-but-it-is-studying-other-transit-extensions

It is expected that what was the Pink line has morphed into the Line B of the REM. Thus what was the diagonal portion of the original Pink line is what will be studied, albeit in a much more reduced scopre.

Here's the blog's take on the subject. https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canada...s-but-it-is-studying-other-transit-extensions

It is expected that what was the Pink line has morphed into the Line B of the REM. Thus what was the diagonal portion of the original Pink line is what will be studied, albeit in a much more reduced scopre.

I wonder if it's occurred to anyone to build the Pink Line as an extension, continuation of the Yellow Line? Now that the east - west section to Lachine has been reimagined into a tramway, a new subway could follow the general path of the Ligne Rose but only now feed into Berri UQAM and continue to the South Shore.

I wonder if it's occurred to anyone to build the Pink Line as an extension, continuation of the Yellow Line? Now that the east - west section to Lachine has been reimagined into a tramway, a new subway could follow the general path of the Ligne Rose but only now feed into Berri UQAM and continue to the South Shore.
I would see the Yellow line contining to Parc station under the avenue of the same name. Or to be cheap just a new extension to McGill as it was planned by the AMT years prior.

The Lachine line is expected to be REM in transit circles.

The Lachine line is expected to be REM in transit circles.

When do you expect an official announcement of the conversion or "upgrade" from tramway to REM for the Lachine segment? Personally I think incorporating it into the larger REM network makes sense, simplifying the system for all users and probably will likely add more capacity/frequency to this segment.

Also, do you expect the Lachine REM to loop back to YUL and connecting with the YUL spur currently under construction?

Back