1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 387     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 969     1 

The Junction

Junction Area Study

From link.

The TTC invites you to a public open house to learn more about the Junction Area Bus Study.​
We are proposing changes to the bus network in The Junction to improve customer travel time by removing gaps in service. TTC staff will be on hand to answer any questions.​
Event Details
Venue: Swansea Town Hall, Rousseau Room
Address: 95 Lavinia Avenue
Date: Monday, January 28, 2019
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.​
Venue: David Appleton Community Recreation, Multipurpose Room
Address: 33 Pritchard Avenue
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.​

201901_junction-maps.jpg

Anyone knows what's going on next to 3030 to the west? There's 4 businesses in a row with paper on the windows, and I believe they all have notices saying that they're closed for renovations.

Anyone knows what's going on next to 3030 to the west? There's 4 businesses in a row with paper on the windows, and I believe they all have notices saying that they're closed for renovations.

So apparently a small fire occurred in the The Friendly Thai due to over-reliance on space heaters and caused smoke damage in the neighbouring businesses. Can't imagine how much business was lost by the amazing Curry Twist after a forced closure for several months due to negligence by your neighbor. I'd sue.

So apparently a small fire occurred in the The Friendly Thai due to over-reliance on space heaters and caused smoke damage in the neighbouring businesses. Can't imagine how much business was lost by the amazing Curry Twist after a forced closure for several months due to negligence by your neighbor. I'd sue.

Actually, they should have collected business interruption indemnity from their insurer. If so, the insurer will for sure sue by way of a subrogated claim. If they weren't adequately insured, then they definitely should (and nearly certainly will) sue themselves.

Some history on the Peacock Hotel site, along with its original Tavern building that was built between the 1820-30's and later demolished in 1925:

Some history on the Peacock Hotel site, along with its original Tavern building that was built between the 1820-30's and later demolished in 1925:

Scaffolding has gone up on the old Peacock hotel. Bodes well for heritage restoration - does anyone know more?

Nevermind - "Priestly Demolition".

:mad:

I clearly expect way too much of this city.
:( This city's heritage management department is really letting these developers run wild.
Don't want to incorporate something heritage? Just burn it down then you can demo it

Awful and no vision.
Why do people keep going to San Francisco to tour the Victorian houses?
That's cause cities like Toronto keep destroying them making them rarer and also losing billions in tourist dollars at the same time.
In 50 years, there won't be none.
Awful and no vision.

What's required is that:

A) We move high priority buildings from listing (no protection) to designation.

I'm not actually sure why we have a 'listing' level. Which is essentially 'Its important, but we're not doing anything about it'.

B) Once designated, we require an owner to have insurance/covenant that in the event of a fire, the building must be reconstructed to its pre-fire state or better.

And nothing may be applied for on the site until the restoration is complete.

Including building permits for previously approved zoning/SPA.

That removes any incentive to criminal, reckless or negligent conduct in terms of preserving this type of building.

Last edited:

Back