News   Apr 18, 2024
 526     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

Toronto skyline

In my pedantic view ushahid, your example of a "timelapse" is actually a multiple-time-exposure with all 500 exposures expressed in a single image.
I'd kind of agree with that if we're being super technical (a timelapse usually refers to a video), but I still think it's a pretty clear illustration of the difference for the many that think the terms are interchangeable.

there are 5 types of timelapses,
1. you speed up a normal video.
2. every DSLR now adays has the option that it makes the timelapse for you.
3. you use a intervelometer to make a timelapse. you take hundreds of RAW images and blend them together in PHotoshop or lightroom and make a timelapse video out of it.
4. there a hyperlapse
5. last is the picture timelapse, you take bunch of pictures and blend them together into one picture.

the picture we are having the argument over is a long exposure picture, its not a timelapse picture. may be TStephens is refering to the motion in the picture. we can make a timelapse picture out of moving traffic but that will be time consuming and waste of space in the memory card, its easier to just take a 20 or 30 seconds long exposure picture of the moving traffic.

here is a different style of timelapse, its called transition.

And here's a short example of traditional (film or video) time-lapse that's been in the motion picture business vocabulary for years:

Was in Toronto this weekend for a baptism and lucked into a pretty decent view of the skyline from my hotel room in Mississauga. It was foggy and I only have a phone camera, but I think it's kind of neat how Humber Bay shores seems to blend into the Downtown skyline from this angle. Taken from the Holiday Inn Express next to the QEW.

20190928_095610.jpg
20190928_095638.jpg

Was in Toronto this weekend for a baptism and lucked into a pretty decent view of the skyline from my hotel room in Mississauga. It was foggy and I only have a phone camera, but I think it's kind of neat how Humber Bay shores seems to blend into the Downtown skyline from this angle. Taken from the Holiday Inn Express next to the QEW.

View attachment 206418View attachment 206419
That view is so much more effective than those "but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express" ads

Back