News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 579     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

I've always been checked on the UPX, even when there were only a few people on board

That makes sense, especially when you consider that UPX is a premium fare service, so you gotta get fare inspected before getting settled on UPX.

Lol, I just had a guaranteed to be hated thought: Tap to enter, and to exit, fare gates at Pearson could accomplish this too. Combined with a UPX surcharge as I mentioned above, this would let all the other UPX stations have just the regular GO Presto machines and standard fare check regime.

Lol, I just had a guaranteed to be hated thought: Tap to enter, and to exit, fare gates at Pearson could accomplish this too. Combined with a UPX surcharge as I mentioned above, this would let all the other UPX stations have just the regular GO Presto machines and standard fare check regime.
If the UPX surcharge only applies for those arriving/departing Pearson, and there's no GO services to the train platform at Pearson Terminal 1 - then you don't even need a surcharge - just a different fare zone for the train station than the GO Buses on the lower level.

I don't want to dig up the TTC fare gate thread again but they have recently replaced half of the fare gates at Main street and are working on the second haf of them. The biggest thing is thy have removed the metropass reader from the ones closet to the clotors box and the acseble gate now has a preto card reader on it.

That makes sense, especially when you consider that UPX is a premium fare service, so you gotta get fare inspected before getting settled on UPX.
Can't you still buy a ticket on board? Obviously they need to have staff on board at all times or someone could sneak in and only pay if the ticket seller/checker came around.

Is there always on-board fare inspection? I've only ridden it during busier times. But in the wee hours of the morning?
Every single time I have been on it. Both ways. All hours. At the airport now they have effectively roped off the platform to catch fare evaders. (Pet peeve. Instead of installing fare gates.The less labour intensive solution.)

Back