News   Mar 28, 2024
 67     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Well, only streetcar routes allow people to board from the rear... and that's 11 of the almost 200 surface routes...
TTC allows rear entry on most TTC bus routes at subway stations. And asks that people using Presto tap when they enter.

I'm also increasingly (downtown on regular bus routes at least) seeing people blatantly using rear doors to enter buses at busy stops - and then tapping. While this isn't "allowed", I've been surprised that this is happening more frequently. I suspect that people are increasingly confused with changing rules, and trying to apply different rules at different locations.

TTC allows rear entry on most TTC bus routes at subway stations. And asks that people using Presto tap when they enter.

I'm also increasingly (downtown on regular bus routes at least) seeing people blatantly using rear doors to enter buses at busy stops - and then tapping. While this isn't "allowed", I've been surprised that this is happening more frequently. I suspect that people are increasingly confused with changing rules, and trying to apply different rules at different locations.

It's probably cheap people fare invading, that cause the TTC budget to shrink every year ( sigh....)

It's probably cheap people fare invading, that cause the TTC budget to shrink every year ( sigh....)
I mentioned that they tap on the reader at the back door. It makes the correct beep noise. Surely that's not fare evasion.

I don't recall the TTC budget shrinking any year recently - let alone every year. Why are you claiming otherwise?

I wonder in what year in the future will they turn on facial recognition on the cameras near the rear doors, verify the name with PRESTO, and send them the bill in the mail (if not automatic withdraw).
?‍⚖️?‍⚖️

I wonder in what year in the future will they turn on facial recognition on the cameras near the rear doors, verify the name with PRESTO, and send them the bill in the mail (if not automatic withdraw).
?‍⚖️?‍⚖️

Or have the cameras take a selfie photo 407 style.

I do all the time if I board one at a station.

You are in the minority then. I have never seen anyone tap at a station and I travel through Warden multiple times daily.

I think it is more for data collection than it is a requirement. If everyone tapped on and off at a station it would be chaos getting onto a bus.

Can you imagine what would happen if the subway went out and everyone was forced to tap and on off a shuttle bus?

You are in the minority then. I have never seen anyone tap at a station and I travel through Warden multiple times daily.

I think it is more for data collection than it is a requirement. If everyone tapped on and off at a station it would be chaos getting onto a bus.

Can you imagine what would happen if the subway went out and everyone was forced to tap and on off a shuttle bus?
I tap on it for my own data collection too mainly because I like to see where it says the bus is, sometimes it has it in a wrong location. I have also tapped on shuttle buses too. Pretty much anytime I transfer from the subway to a surface route I'll tap on it, mainly because the surface routes update their readers more frequently the fare gates do.

Back