1.1K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 686     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.4K     7 

Eglinton East LRT | Metrolinx

I just wanted to post this map from this article
EELRT_with_tunnel.png

I'd say a major flaw with this map is the absence of the existing Line 2 and GO stations.

Attachments

• EELRT_with_tunnel.png
    EELRT_with_tunnel.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 857
I just wanted to post this map from this article
View attachment 143581
I'd say a major flaw with this map is the absence of the existing Line 2 and GO stations.

Mayor John Tory, who signed up last week to run for a second term in the upcoming October election, promised residents of Malvern they would be connected to rapid transit after decades taking the bus.
The only thing this LRT line serves is Mayor Tory's political ambitions. It absolutely should not be serving Malvern.

Mayor John Tory, who signed up last week to run for a second term in the upcoming October election, promised residents of Malvern they would be connected to rapid transit after decades taking the bus.
The only thing this LRT line serves is Mayor Tory's political ambitions. It absolutely should not be serving Malvern.

I agree that the EELRT “extension” to Malvern should not be the primary rapid transit line to serve Malvern. Whether it’s the SSE, SLRT, SELRT, or even FELRT, at least it’s A higher order transit option for Malvern. Though the stop spacing is slightly too close for reliable, fast travel times to downtown (bus to Finch-Kennedy/Agincourt is better) and traveling to STC would be a hilariously stupid detour if one does chose to transfer at Kennedy to go back north. o_O

I agree that the EELRT “extension” to Malvern should not be the primary rapid transit line to serve Malvern. Whether it’s the SSE, SLRT, SELRT, or even FELRT, at least it’s A higher order transit option for Malvern. Though the stop spacing is slightly too close for reliable, fast travel times to downtown (bus to Finch-Kennedy/Agincourt is better) and traveling to STC would be a hilariously stupid detour if one does chose to transfer at Kennedy to go back north. o_O

It's basically a phase 1 of a 2 phase connection which where phase 2 is dependant upon Sheppard being resolved. While not the priority this current line connects to the Pan am Centre/UTSC and acknowledges with more than lip service that Malvern Centre is an important area being integrated as part of the City. Which is far overdue and this is the only opportunity which can be achieved ina timley manner.

I imagine the LRT will likely loop around to to the probable subway loop or extend as a separate line from SCC to Malvern Town Centre in a future phase.

Last edited:
It's basically a phase 1 of a 2 phase connection which where phase 2 is dependant upon Sheppard being resolved. While not the priority this current line connects to the Pan am Centre/UTSC and acknowledges with more than lip service that Malvern Centre is an important area being integrated as part of the City. Which is far overdue.

I imagine the LRT will likely loop around to to the probable subway loop or extend as a separate line from SCC to Malvern Town Centre in a future phase.
Like this?
Scarborough's Fantasy with GO.jpg

With Stations:
Scarborough's Fantasy with GO and Stations.jpg

Attachments

• Scarborough's Fantasy with GO.jpg
    Scarborough's Fantasy with GO.jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 837
  • Scarborough's Fantasy with GO and Stations.jpg
    Scarborough's Fantasy with GO and Stations.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
Now that Highway 11 has been upgraded to 4 lanes - all that remains is 4 laning from North Bay to Arnprior. Once complete, this will really connect Toronto to Ottawa. ;)

Back