News   May 29, 2024
 849     6 
News   May 29, 2024
 2.3K     7 
News   May 29, 2024
 528     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Relevant to Hamilton:

View attachment 127459

I still keep getting mixed messages whether Stony Creek will open in 2019 or in 2021.

Good to hear 2019 is still on track. (if it is.)

By "Hamilton-Stoney Creek" do they mean the Confederation GO Station? So I assume the additional track between West Harbour and Confederation would have to be installed by then? Is this the first time were hearing the specific timeframe for service to Confederation?

By "Hamilton-Stoney Creek" do they mean the Confederation GO Station? So I assume the additional track between West Harbour and Confederation would have to be installed by then? Is this the first time were hearing the specific timeframe for service to Confederation?
No.

They mentioned the 2019 timeframe back in 2015.

They keep mixing up 2021/2019 in subsequent announcements (including a webpage that got retroactively edited from 2021 to 2019 in front of my eyes) so I'm keeping a hawk eye on Metrolinx "2019" versus "2021" where it applies to a GO train station located near Stoney Creek (Confederation GO).

- Earlier, it was 2019.
- One time it was 2021 then re-edited to 2019. (press release that got edited)
- Subsequent, it was 2021 but it might pertain simply to Confederation-to-StCat (not Hamilton-to-StoneyCreek)
- Now it's 2019.

I'll finally get a clear answer when I go to these PICs (where I will bring up the 2018 Niagara Summer Seasonal stopping at West Harbour).

The fuzz that keeps coming over the last 2 years, up might be train-vs-bus. Very interested in finding out. It's possible they might do a GO bus service for 2019 and a GO train service by 2021.

Last edited:
I'll finally get a clear answer when I go to these PICs (where I will bring up the 2018 Niagara Summer Seasonal stopping at West Harbour).

A friend of mine had a chat with a CN signals guy this week. He asked about whether anything was happening with resignalling at West Harbour to facilitate the Niagara service stopping there.
The reply: “We’ve been waiting on ML to issue the PO, but it never comes”.

FWIW

- Paul

Rich Hill and Milton?
I was going to say Brampton but I want Richmond Hill done. The DRL long is great (especially if extended to Keele) but the Yonge line will not be fully uncongested until the Rich Hill has all day service or RER.
September is the date for Stouffville's weekend service to start.

No word on anything for Kitchener, unfortunately.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Any talk of weekend service on Stouffville or Kitchener line come january? The mid-day service should definitely be extended to Mount Joy for Stouffville.

Brampton is being punished for the LRT rejection. Which is unfair. I get that it was a bad decision but that line is busy. York Region is a battleground for the election.

Last edited:
Bulldozing it would be wasteful gravy spending. Let nature take its course and slowly reclaim the area. If need be use it as a research study on "what would happen if humanity disappeared"
I like bulldozing because it precludes back-sliding which when politics is involved can happen all too often.

**fires up the bulldozer!! VRRROOOM!**

GO and UP Express Service Changes This Weekend

TORONTO: November 17, 2017 – This weekend there will be service changes for both GO Transit and UP Express.

Due to track maintenance, tonight and Saturday evenings, starting at 8:00 p.m., UP Express will depart hourly until the end of service. The last northbound train to leave Union Station going to Pearson Airport will be at 00:45 and the last southbound train to leave Pearson Airport going to Union Station will be at 00:42.

On Sunday, avoid traffic and parking and take GO Transit to the Annual Toronto Santa Claus Parade. GO Transit will offer special train service on the Milton, Kitchener, Stouffville and Barrie lines. Lakeshore East and West will run regular service every 30 minutes. Special fares will be available, $5 for kids/seniors, $10 for adults and $20 for groups (conditions apply). Don’t forget, UP express is always an option to get to and from downtown.

We encourage customers to sign-up for GO Alerts. For more information visit Just GO or UP Express.

Goodness, I think I'm a public transit convert, at least intercity. I have to go to International Centre at airport today. So, instead of driving I grabbed the bikeshare at Parliament and Gerrard and cycled to Union bus terminal. And now here I sit on the GoBus zooming through traffic. Nice.

On Sunday, avoid traffic and parking and take GO Transit to the Annual Toronto Santa Claus Parade. GO Transit will offer special train service on the Milton, Kitchener, Stouffville and Barrie lines. Lakeshore East and West will run regular service every 30 minutes. Special fares will be available, $5 for kids/seniors, $10 for adults and $20 for groups (conditions apply). Don’t forget, UP express is always an option to get to and from downtown.

Of course I'm quoting drum who's quoting ML. Emphasis mine.

There's a few spots where GO suggests the weekend service on the Barrie line is "special" vs. regular.

It's a small nit, but if they're trying to build ridership, wouldn't it be a good opportunity to mention that Barrie trains are available EVERY weekend...perhaps where LSW and LSE are listed?

Thanks. So, what do you think they mean this time by "Hamilton-Stoney Creek". Still a little confused because of my lack of Hamilton geographic knowledge.
No.

They mentioned the 2019 timeframe back in 2015.

They keep mixing up 2021/2019 in subsequent announcements (including a webpage that got retroactively edited from 2021 to 2019 in front of my eyes) so I'm keeping a hawk eye on Metrolinx "2019" versus "2021" where it applies to a GO train station located near Stoney Creek (Confederation GO).

- Earlier, it was 2019.
- One time it was 2021 then re-edited to 2019. (press release that got edited)
- Subsequent, it was 2021 but it might pertain simply to Confederation-to-StCat (not Hamilton-to-StoneyCreek)
- Now it's 2019.

The fuzz that keeps coming over the last 2 years, up might be train-vs-bus. Very interested in finding out. It's possible they might do a GO bus service for 2019 and a GO train service by 2021.

Hamilton city core (covers both Hamilton DT and West Harbour) and Hamilton Lower City is in the west and Stoney Creek is one station to the east, just over Red Hill Valley, right near Stoney Creek area.

The confusion may refer to train hop between:

West Harbour GO (Hamilton core area) - Confederation GO (Stoney Creek)

And

Confederation GO - Grimsby GO

These likely will have two different dates. Also, possible, that bus service may start before trains.

REAL Fare Integration and informing York U students probably, whom probably are terrified by the extra travel time and fare.

Fare integration, I'd get that. Covering the fare, that should be York U's responsibility. Travel time, c'mon, how much is the net increase between the shuttle ride and one subway stop?

Goodness, I think I'm a public transit convert, at least intercity.

Guys we did it!

Back