Toronto Novus at Garrison Point | 119.17m | 34s | BentallGreenOak | Hariri Pontarini

smuncky

Member Bio
Reaction score
IMG_20170205_165329.jpg

IMG_20170205_165337.jpg

IMG_20170205_165426.jpg

So, new thread for a project we've been watching for a while. Why? Things have been happening.

As was mentioned in the Growth To Watch For story covering this area, only the first two of the towers being built down here will be Cityzen condos. The other three towers—two on the south side of Ordinance at Strachan (this thread) and one on the north side, have been sold to Bentall Kennedy. (Cityzen is retaining partial ownership of these two sites.) Bentall has begun work at the site, as the photos two posts above show. It looks like these two buildings will be marketed as Novus when they open as rentals in the next few years. Hariri Pontarini is being retained as the architect, and while the towers still have a Garrison Point look to them, they are now boxier.

No word on when the 49-storey tower on the north block will be developed, or if Bentall Kennedy will also build it as a rental, or if they will retain bKL architecture. That block will get its own thread when that development goes ahead.

For clarity's sake, Bental buys & develops properties on behalf of their institutional clients.

That's more my interest. Who are they building these towers for.

I really didn't care for the original designs but, these are damn ugly. It's the decorative elements. If only these were simple boxes.

It was cut down to 39 storeys a long time ago.

I am disappointed ,but at least the first 2 original condo towers will keep their design.
Even if the 3 last towers are lost i am relieved that the first 2 will still be pretty.
:cool:

Back