News   May 07, 2024
 454     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 378     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 336     0 

TTC: New Fare Gate Installation

No work has been done there, the old auto entrances are still present. The TTC's general practice with these installs has been to install them in stations which currently have 0 presto readers, and installing the faregates in just one entrance. Some stations like Bay and St Clair have varied, but they generally seem to be doing one entrance for most.

In 2017, I'd imagine their first priority will be taking all remaining entrances with no presto, and installing the faregates--such as the north entrance at North York Centre. Then, I presume they'll wait until everything else is done, and finally replace existing Presto turnstiles with faregates.

I guess that means waiting many more moons before I can tap in at Finch..... :/

Woodbine and Lawrence East now on the installation schedule, and also automatic entrances of some stations.
Downsview may be the first Presto-ready station to receive new fare gates.

The TTC seems to have updated their Construction page on new PRESTO Gates. See: http://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Construction/PRESTO_construction.jsp They seem to be planning to finish most (all?) the automatic entrances by early January 2017 (with one access elevator (North York) scheduled for a bit later.) They look like meeting their 'end of 2016" plan for having PRESTO in all stations. Next they need to install new gates in all the early PRESTO Stations like King, Queen etc.

The only thing that will need human intervention is setting up concessions. However, for children, high school students, and seniors, that will only need to be done once, since they set the expiration date for when you turn 13 as a child/20 as a student and have no expiration date for seniors, for obvious reasons.

Very good post...but I think there should be expiration dates on seniors cards.

TTC's Presto construction page updated. Only Coxwell, Woodbine, and Lawrence East are left for scheduling. Which will be the last?
In an email update to the community for the Woodbine construction, at the beginning of October, they indicated that the Presto gates at Woodbine were "planned for the station by the end of 2016".

All looks very positive that they might be able to get some Presto in every station reasonably close to the end of 2016 deadline!

Back