Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I only meant that we Torontonians don't want a four floor above ground parking garage at the south end of Yonge Street. Ick.

I don't live there.

42, don't be in a panic... I barely have enough extra valium for the most desperate UT forumers....

It's just a place to park and they've clearly given it some thought.

park.jpg

42, don't be in a panic... I barely have enough extra valium for the most desperate UT forumers....

park.jpg

I think it looks pretty good its better than an ugly concrete garage!

When a chair can be mistaken for a parking garage, I think we may have gone too far... either with the design of chairs, or with the architecture of garages.

Oh god help us... might spoil the view for the labourers on the rail berm of the Libeskind condo poop chute.

5 storeys? Above ground!? Please say 'No'. Please say 'No'.

park.jpg

Je ne panic jamais!!

Il arrive, toutefois, lorsque je parle français sans raison valable.

Quarante-deux

Wait - we were involved in genuine dialogue? You just had a Libeskind chair joke going!

Okay - genuine dialogue:

A 4 floor above ground parking garage is usually not a good idea anywhere in the city, and I would not like to see one just to the east side of Yonge Street at the tracks there even if it isn't a pretty spot now anyway...

unless Libeskind or another imaginative architect can come up with something that transcends the typical above ground garages that we know and hate. I'm sure DL could come up with something interesting, but do we know that Castlepoint are willing to spend the money it will take to have one of his designs built? It would be great if they are, but otherwise, I don't want to see it. Otherwise, I say bury the garage under the Esplanade.

I'll try and take a pic to show the almost zero impact of a stage door garage versus not having (due to $$$) the L in all its glory and the Humming I mean Sony re-invention/reinvigoration.

Pretty sure Castlepoint has a problem and a coal mine under the Esplanade is not a viable solution. So?

Back