News   Apr 23, 2024
 131     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 622     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 421     0 

2014 Ontario Provincial Election

With the summer holidays and parents getting their kids ready for school, I wonder how much of an effect Patrick Brown's very bad week will have on today's vote. I reckon anger towards Wynne, which has fermented all year, will be a bigger ballot factor.

I think this is Brown's to lose.

AoD

Looks like PC Candidate won.

• Ontario PC (Raymond Cho): 39% of the vote
  • Liberal (Piragal Thiru): 30% of the vote
  • NDP (Neethan Shan): 27% of the vote
Source: CP24

Split vote, Harper approved, and the Ontario PC's best friend. :rolleyes:

My dad is a loyal PC/CPC voter and even he think that this by-election was an outlier and the PC's won't make gains in Toronto. He also thinks that Brown screwed up big time and like me, invoked "faith based schools" to describe.

My dad is a loyal PC/CPC voter and even he think that this by-election was an outlier and the PC's won't make gains in Toronto. He also thinks that Brown screwed up big time and like me, invoked "faith based schools" to describe.

I think after Doug Holyday's brief stint as an MPP, I don't blame him.

I think after Doug Holyday's brief stint as an MPP, I don't blame him.

I agree that this may be short lived. I 2013 people rejoiced as I appeared that Toronto was to rid itself of her most dishonest, incompetent and corrupt government ever.
1 year later, Toronto voted resoundingly to return to the above qualities instead of taking taking chance on an awkward me leader.
A case of better the devil you know than the average Joe you don't.
I can see the same thing happening again - in Toronto, but probably not the 905.

Last edited:
I had an interesting money-saving idea: no municipal byelections, have Shan pick up where he left off as byelected school trustee, and appoint David Soknacki to finish Cho's term on Council. Then come next general election, Shan can run for Cho's seat, and Soknacki, if he be so willing, can run in place of Ron Moeser, presuming that Moeser'll be in no shape to run again...

Sounds like there might be some internal power struggles going on in the party. I think if the PCs want to be taken seriously in the long term they're going to need to need to stop trying to court the social conservative vote. It's a base that's getting smaller and smaller as time goes on.

This is why the Liberals always manage to win despite being so unpopular. The PC's can't get their act together...

Back