News   Apr 26, 2024
 535     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Ford’s full statement:

"The people of Scarborough are tired of second-class transit, they are tired of being treated like second-class citizens, they need a proper subway.”

Beware of the difference between a "proper subway" vs second-class subway!

Screen shot 2016-01-22 at 11.20.40 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-01-22 at 11.20.40 AM.png
    Screen shot 2016-01-22 at 11.20.40 AM.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 482
Just caught a Dougie piece on CP2Ford. Some how he thinks that the "Crosstown East" LRT is replacing the B&D subway extension. He was spitting out something about waiting out in the cold instead of being underground and warm.

Just caught a Dougie piece on CP2Ford. Some how he thinks that the "Crosstown East" LRT is replacing the B&D subway extension. He was spitting out something about waiting out in the cold instead of being underground and warm.

Yeah, like parking at the city hall garage while he was a councillor. He'd know something about that.

AoD

I take the subway either at Warden or Victoria Park. Guess what. Both are outdoors and cold. The 5 minute wait isn't going to kill anyone.

If this new subway/LRT thing happens it's going to be great for Scarborough. We have the sprawl to justify LRT but not the density for a subway. I still think a 6 km trip between Kennedy and STC is ridiculous. I just hope they start digging as soon as possible before the next election.

I take the subway either at Warden or Victoria Park. Guess what. Both are outdoors and cold. The 5 minute wait isn't going to kill anyone.

Based on Rob Ford's comments today, the BD line is not a "proper subway" east of Victoria Park. Scarborough is tired of being treated like second-class citizens, they deserve underground transit.

Based on Rob Ford's comments today, the BD line is not a "proper subway" east of Victoria Park. Scarborough is tired of being treated like second-class citizens, they deserve underground transit.

Was this in writing or was he on tv/radio? I know Doug was shooting his mouth off to whoever would listen today but was wondering if Rob was seen or heard or if it was just his usual press release.

Doug has never understood that most people don't have 4x4s to drive to the nearest subway stop. You still have to trek through the snow to get to the subway stop, or wait for surface transit to take you there. Either way, most people are colder for longer on a subway line.

The downtrodden masses whose local subway stations are Rosedale, Summerhill and Davisville also are tired of being made to wait in unheated, non-airconditioned trenches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back